Chapter 9

Khunpol and Samara had a little break since Khunpol was getting tired and Samara was hungry. She asked his Papa to buy ice cream which Khunpol turned her down. But Samara used her puppy eyes to his papa. In the end, Khunpol agreed to buy her ice cream which he told her back that it will be only once. They walked to the ice cream vendor. But Samara spotted her eye on a floating balloon and decided to take it so she followed it, leaving her papa alone. When Khunpol finally bought two ice cream, he turned to only see Samara nowhere. He got panicked and looked around. Still no sign of Samara, the two ice creams were already forgotten. He ran, trying to find Samara. He was getting scared and worried for daughter.

Meanwhile, Samara was still trying to get the balloon, she tried to jump in attempt to grab it but only floated away. So she ran with her little legs, not giving up to catch the balloon. She already bumped on other children in the park and when she finally got hold on the balloon, she looked at it and smiled, proud of herself. She turned around didn't saw her papa. She walked around to find Khunpol but she didn't found him. She started to cry as she continuously chanted for Papa. Until a man crouched down and wiped her tears.

Samara: "Sawadee Kha"

Man: "oh, so you speak Thai? what seems to be the problem?"

Samara: "I can't find my papa"

Man: "don't worry, I'll help you, sounds good?"

Samara nodded while rubbing her eyes. She adjusted her blurry vision to see the man smiling at her so kindly. The man carried her while trying to find Samara's papa. The man was trying to cheer up Beibei by telling her jokes, making funny faces, good thing it worked. She even teased the man that he was ugly which he didn't take it to heart. After a few minutes, of searching, Samara found a familiar back, she motioned the man to put her down then she ran to a man and hugged his legs.

Khunpol was breathing heavily as he was running around and still couldn't find Samara. Until he felt little arms around his legs. He turned around saw Samara crying. He immediately picked her up and hugged her.

Khunpol: "Samara.. where did you go? I was looking for you everywhere"

Samara: "Papa, I miss you. A man helped me find you"

The man smiled at the little reunion. He was single so he wouldn't know the feeling of having a son or daughter but he wished to have one but the only missing one is a lover. At the mention of him, he walked towards them and smiled at Khunpol. Khunpol noticed a man walking to them and he figured he was the man Samara mentioned.

Khunpol: "Thank you for finding my daughter"

Man: "no big deal"

Khunpol: "Do you want me to treat you something? I bought ice cream for Samara and me but I accidentally dropped"

Man: "what about I treat you? you wasted enough money on that ice cream. there's a cafe in front of the park. wanna go there?"

Khunpol: "is that okay?"

Man: "totally fine"

The man grabbed Khunpol's hand and dragged him to the cafe he was talking about. Khunpol felt scared and was awkward as the man dragged him along with Samara. The man bought cakes and ice cream in return of the dropped ice cream Khunpol had. He told him that he has two other friends and he needs to inform them that he already found Samara but it just made the man buy more foods for them. Khunpol was taken aback by the action but the other just reassured that he's okay with it and he would like to meet Khunpol's friends. So he told Type to meet them at a cafe in front of the park. As they were waiting for the other two, they had a chat and were already comfortable with each other. Khunpol was a little surprised with himself that he could get comfortable with somebody like that, maybe the man was being too friendly. What's funny is that he didn't even know the man's name. So he decided to ask.