Chapter 7: 𝑀𝑒𝒹𝒾𝓉𝒶𝓉𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒮𝒽𝒾𝓉

Hamish walked into the den right when I had begun teaching Randall and Lilith how to talk to their hides. Lilith growled in annoyance. I gave her a look, trying to calm her down. I uncrossed my legs and got off the ground. He looked me over, then his packmates. "Drink?" He asked, placing his bag on the couch.

"Is that even a question?" Randall asked from his place on the floor. Hamish and I made eye contact as he made his way around the bar.

"Any requests?" His eyes were blue-gray. Like a coming storm--I shook myself from my thoughts.

"Something fruity." He gave a curt nod before going to work.

"Can we get back to the meditating shit?" I snapped my eyes away from Hamish, clearing my throat.

"It's not meditating. It's being 'one with your hide and soul'." Randall mocked, a goofy grin on his face.

"Would you like to be one with my fist and boot?" Lilith hissed. Randall hardly reacted.

"What was lesson one?" I asked, sitting back on the floor, crossing my legs. Lilith growled.

"Be calm." I nodded.

"Exactly. So, we're going to close our eyes," I watched as they did so. "And you're going to just let your mind go blank. Don't think, just be." I gave them a minute to get into a blank mindset. "Can you feel your hide? Moving just beneath the skin?" They nodded. "Don't grab it like you would for a shift. Just talk. Be one with your hide." Lilith smirk.

"Fuck yeah." Before much else could happen, my phone went off, shrill and annoying. Lilith and Randall snapped their eyes open.

"Sorry." I picked it up and found it was Vera. I gave a deep sigh before standing up again. Hamish had just gotten done making my drink, so I took it and drank a mouth full before answering the phone. "Yes?" I answered, placing the drink back on the bar.

"You need to get to my house right now." I narrowed my eyes as I aimlessly walked into the foyer.

"Why?" Vera growled.

"The Silent Sister just gave me a little visit." My heart stopped and my throat tightened. No...no!

"I-I--okay...shit." I covered my eyes with my hand. I couldn't be weak. A strong yet gentle hand was placed on my shoulder. It was Hamish.

"What's wrong?"

"Who is that?" I was terrified. I couldn't think. "Nora! Where are you?"

"You--you need to make three more of those charm things." I pulled out of Hamish's grip and made my way towards the door.

"Do not tell me there are more of those mutts here," I growled, swinging the door open.

"Just do it. Please! They'll be slaughtered!" Vera was quiet on the other side of the phone. "Please, Vera."

"Fine. Get back to the house now." And then she hung up. I shoved my phone into my back pocket. I was such an idiot. A dumb, stupid, idiot!

"Nora! Wait!" I didn't stop. Just as I went to shift, someone grabbed me by the wrist, pulling me to a stop. I spun around to find Hamish towering over me. "What's happened?"

"The Silent Sisters. They're here. I lead them here. To you. To your pack." I pulled my wrist out of his grip. "You need to forget about me." I went to rush away, but Hamish grabbed hold of my hand. "Sto--"

"I can't forget about you. I can't explain it but I need you here." His words shocked me. "We'll deal with the Silent Sisters. Together." I shook my head, not being able to stop the tears that brimmed at my eyes.