CHAPTER 6

It was another hell of a morning. The temperature is rising, and the air coming from the fan is just another suffocating heat hitting your skin. The wind is warm, the mud is cracked, and above all, college.

Aeri groaned for the nth time already, feeling the droplets of sweat flowing on her back. It was very hot, and she feels like she's in a one-month trial in hell.

She arrived at her building with heavy steps, minding her feet that's busy stepping up the stairs that it feels like for eternity.

"Finally," she huffed and harshly sighed.

"Wassssssoh," a familiar voice greeted her as soon as she turned to the right hallway.

"Morning Mork," she deadpanned.

"I'm Mark," he corrected.

Aeri rolled her eyes and gestured to move out, as he's blocking the straight way to her classroom. Well, the hallway still has more space for her to pass, but her lazy, irritated self just wants to walk in a straight direction without maneuvering to the other lanes.

Mark beamed a smile and threw an arm around her shoulder. "What made you start in a bad morning?" he asked while they slowly walked.

"Heat," she simply answered and shook her shoulders in an attempt for him to get the idea, which he did, so he dropped his arm.

"Anyways, Taeyong wants me to look out for you."

"You're already looking out for me all throughout the years, Mork."

"Mission doubled, and I am Mark."

"Whatever Mork, I'm going in."

The said boy was about to correct his name again, but the door was shut close in front of him with a loud thud. He just took a deep sigh and scratched his head.

"That girl really doesn't listen."

Loud groans and grunts filled the whole laboratory when the teacher stepped out.

Aeri threw her head back and mumbled at least three curse words before regaining her senses again to turn off the computer.

"Nam Aeri!"

The loud sound of her name made her stand up and raise a brow. "Someone named Park Jisung is outside," her classmate said.

The girl just hummed in response and strode outside, seeing the said boy, who's two years younger than her.

"Noona!"

"What is it, Jisung?"

"Oh, hello to you too. We're just passing by, and I remembered that you have a class here, so I meant to say hi." he said with those cute smiles, which made his eyes disappear.

He doesn't even look like a member of a top gang.

"And who might you be?" Aeri's eyes landed on the girl clinging to him.

Jisung's smile got wider, which basically showed his excitement: "Noona, meet Naih, my girlfriend. Love, I already told you about her, right?"

The short brown-haired girl named Naih immediately nodded and pulled off a sweet smile. "Nice to meet you, eonnie..I'm Lim Naih."

The two girls shook hands, and a ringtone got in between.

"Umm, I need to stop by the next building real quick." Jisung said with his puckered lips.

"Is it a mission?" Aeri asked.

"Nope, a good friend got into a fight. Hehe, I'll come back, love, okay? Noona?" the girls nodded, and the boy ran, chanting excuses on the way.

"So are you aware of what he does?"

Naih's lips pulled into a grin and he leaned on the older girl's ear. "I'm in a gang too."

Naih my love so sweet