CHAPTER 36

"Lee Taeyong! Open your eyes, you idiot!" Aeri shook his body, head on her shoulder, when he lifelessly dropped on his knees.

"Taeyong, shit, let me get him," Jaehyun said as he crouched down and pulled his body away from her.

Jeno came running as he helped Jaehyun place Taeyong on his back.

"Aeri, come on," Jaemin quickly said as he tried to pull her up with his last strength.

"GET TO THE CAR NOW!" Johnny shouted as he loaded his gun and continued firing.

As soon as they got to one of the vans, Jaemin immediately stepped on the gas and swiftly drifted off in a U-turn, driving off the building.

"Taeyong," Aeri whispered as she wiped the sweat forming on his forehead, his head on her lap, while his body sprawled on the seats.

Jaemin spared a glance in the rear-view mirror, seeing her messed-up and distressed state, her muffled sobs filling the car's silent atmosphere.

The supposed 20-minute ride lasted for only 12 minutes.

Jaemin, Jeno, Renjun, Jungwoo, and Jisung quickly hopped out while Jaehyun carefully carried Taeyong's body out, Aeri following.

Her body immediately dropped on Jaemin's hold, and the boy bit his lip as his gun wound was also throbbing in pain.

"Shhh," he tried to whisper, but her cries only got louder. Jaemin pressed a kiss on her forehead and helped her to stay in balance. "Let's go inside, hm? You have cuts too."

The girl could just nod, and they both made their way inside, directly to the medical room.

Taeil already attended Taeyong in the isolation room.

The rest of the boys are being treated by Jungwoo and Doyoung.

"They're on their way now" Doyoung said when he met her eyes. He then flashed a reassuring smile and turned back to Renjun.

"Aeri, let's get your wounds cleaned up," Jaehyun approached, his right arm wrapped in a bandage and a few gashes on his face.

Aeri shook her head and said, "Help Jaemin, please."

"But you–"

"I can manage; I only got knife cuts," she tiredly said, and she glanced at Jaemin, who's now being injected with anesthesia.

Aeri flashed a small smile and slowly retreated outside, dragging her feet upstairs to her room.

She heard faint noises downstairs, signaling that the rest had already arrived.

She pulled out a gray loose shirt and shorts and locked the bathroom.

Aeri began to strip down carefully as she winced every time the cloth would gush on her wounds.

Looking in the mirror, she chuckled bitterly.