CHAPTER 22

It was on the same night that Aeri yet again stepped out of her house at 10 p.m., like the stubborn girl she is.

She reached the convenience store; it was all fixed and open right now, but Eya isn't the one who's on shift.

Ever since Eya called her for help that day, she didn't hear about him right after. She's worried as hell, of course. Not to mention, a gang fight happened at the old hotel where he's staying.

Aeri paid for her cookies and cream tube, and a plastic spoon. She then settled on the tables that had been placed outside since before and dug for her food.

A few minutes passed when a familiar blue car stopped, and a mop of blue hair was seen right after.

"It's late night, Aeri,. Jaemin said, slumping on the chair in front of her.

"I'm craving ice cream, and what are you doing here?"

"Just going around, and you can buy that and eat it in your house."

Aeri just shrugged and continued eating silently.

Jaemin took out his phone, sending a message to Taeyong that she's at the convenience store eating ice cream.

Well, Taeyong did add Aeri to his mission list—look out for her and protect her—and Jaemin can just nod since he doesn't have any choice. But literally, this girl can actually protect herself, though.

"By the way, Jaem, don't you have any missions?"

"Why?"

"Because I don't want to bump into your action and help you again."

The boy scoffed and tore his gaze off his phone and said, "It just happened that you're taking the already wounded ones because you're coming in late."

"Then should I trail behind from the starting point?"

Jaemin raised a brow. "No," he simply answered, and looked at his phone again.

"Okay then," she then decided to just eat the half and leave the other half of the tube so she could eat it at her house. "I'm going," Aeri said, standing up.

Jaemin's eyes trailed on her retreating figure, still sitting while looking at her walking amidst the dimly lit road.

He decided to trail behind her carefully and secretly, not just wanting to let her get the idea that he's following.

Aeri sighed and continued to drag her feet, hating to be alone on this dark, chilly night.

A wolf whistle then caught her attention. She tilted her head aside and saw a man walking towards her with a creepy smile. His eyes are red and droopy, and his steps are going crisscross, obviously drunk.

"What's a beautiful lady walking at night?"

Aeri just raised a brow and continued to walk.

"Come on, you don't have to be lonely, eh? I'll accompany you."

She just ignored him and clenched her fists, ready to pounce if he touched her.

Jaemin sighed and shook his head, "A trouble."

He then ran at the fastest speed he could, passing the drunk man and halted beside her, making Aeri welp in shock.

"You scared me!"

He chuckled between his pants and threw an arm around her shoulders. He then turned back and glared at the man, causing him to back up.

"Uhh Jaemin?"

The said boy turned to look at her and threw a small smile. "Let's get you home."

"But your car?"

"I'll just walk back to get it." he said, shrugging, and they both continued to walk.