CHAPTER 35

Aeri felt a striking pain on her head, making her deeply groan as she fluttered her eyes open.

It's dark, she looked around and waited for her vision to clear out.

"Oh, you're awake."

"Fuck you"

The guy chuckled and crouched down in front of her. "You really share the same attitude with your brother."

Aeri's eyes widened and she squirmed on the chain's hold, earning a laugh.

"You're not the super girl or the hulk, baby; you don't have that strength."

He stood up, and another guy stepped into the dim-light room.

"Look out for her. I'll go back."

The blonde guy nodded and walked in her direction.

"Hwang Hyunjin," she scoffed, "pleased to meet you here."

"You dropped out," Hyunjin said, sitting on a metal chair. "I missed you."

"Sure, I missed you too," she sarcastically answered.

Silence hit them for minutes until he took a deep, heavy sigh.

"I'm sorry"

Aeri raised a brow. "What drama is this now?"

"I mean it. I promised Eya to help you, but I can't."

"Eya? Yang Eya?"

Hyunjin nodded and worriedly stared at her. "He's my stepbrother."

"He's what!?"

He sighed again and decided to sit on the floor in front of her. "He kept on telling me about you. When he's off shift and just lazing out in our apartment, he talks about you. He talks about how you saved him and how you fought with Jet. He doesn't know about you being Lee Aeri; he knows you as Nam Aeri."

"Eya, how is he?"

"He's gone.."

A tear left her eye as a crash on her heart left a throbbing pain.

Eya is her treasured friend.

"Some gang raided our apartment after knowing that I'm living there. They shot him dead."

"Stop"

Hyunjin looked at her, and she was really sobbing. A tear left his eye, and he harshly brushed it away and stood up, grabbing the keys.

He then began unlocking the chains, making her look up.