CHAPTER 12

Aeri leaned on the wall beside the door, arms crossed, while looking at the wounded Jaemin, who's being fed by Taeil.

He had one on his back, one on his forearm, and one on his abdomen.

Renjun got the worst. He got two bullets in his abdomen, a deep knife cut on his neck, and got electrified with Jisung. Now he's being isolated in a room inside the medical room.

The door opened not long after, revealing a worried Taeyong: "How're they?"

Taeil looked up and showed a small smile. "Jaemin woke up 10 minutes ago, and Renjun, well.."

Taeyong nodded, and his eyes landed on the girl. "You. Come to my office."

Aeri pouted and nodded.

"It looks like someone will have a deep scolding," Jaemin's raspy voice made her turn in the direction with a glare.

"How about I run a knife into your neck deeper than Renjun's?"

Taeil sighed and stood up, carrying the food tray. "I'll leave you two. Just don't kill each other."

Aeri sat on a chair beside Jaemin's bed, and he raised a brow. "What are you doing?"

"Kill you"

He scoffed and raised his hand, but yelled right after when the throbbing pain ran through his nerves.

"Taeil told you to behave." She rolled her eyes and looked at the isolation room. "Is it really that bad?"

"Should I do it to you?"

"How about you? Hmm, I'll just settle with a knife since you already have three bullets."

"Thank you for being so considerate, Lee Aeri," Jaemin said with a sarcastic smile.

"My honors, Na Jaemin," she said, then slapped his arm.

"AH THE FUCK!"

Aeri just showed a sheepish smile and stood up with a sigh. "Oh well, I'll let you rest."

"Thank God"

"Just pray that I won't strangle you while you're sleeping."

"Tch, just go."

Aeri hummed and skipped her way out.

Jaemin dropped his head on the pillow and closed his eyes. "She's worse than Taeyong."

"Come in"

Aeri happily stepped into his office and walked in front of his desk with her hands clasped on her back.

Taeyong sighed and rested his back on the backrest of his swivel chair. "Why did you do that?"

"First, Jisung's girlfriend, Naih, told me that they had a mission and that it was too dangerous, and then I asked for the address, and then I got there."

"Not convincing"

Aeri whined and slumped on the couch. "I want to help, okay?"

"Why would you do that?"

"Because!"

Taeyong raised a brow and gave her an 'are you serious? look.

Aeri sighed and looked directly into his eyes. "Ever since I fought with those men named Jet in the convenience store, I have this adrenaline inside me, a feeling that I want to swing a knife and fire a gun. I don't know if this is the effect of the past or if I'm just too stupid and bold enough to get myself into trouble, but I'm continuously looking for it." She paused for a second and deeply sighed. "I want to kill those who killed our parents."

"They got into an accident."

"With someone planning it, they can't just get into one."

"It's hit and run."

"It's not"

Taeyong groaned and ruffled his hair in frustration.

Aeri just stared at him with a gloomy expression and said, "Just let me help you."

He deeply sighed and walked towards her.

She then stood up and hugged him tight, tears escaping her eyes. "I know you don't want me to get hurt, but I already did a couple of times, and I endured it. I'm also trying to be careful. I just want to help as long as I can."

The guy nodded and pressed a kiss on the crown of her head. "I'm really really worried about you just popping out of nowhere."

"Come on, I'm your sister. I fight whenever I want."

Taeyong chuckled and raked his fingers through her hair. "How about training this weekend?"

Aeri pulled away with her eyes sparkling, "Like before?"

Taeyong smiled, "Mhm, like before."