03 | Family

« CHAPTER THREE | FAMILY »
⟨ This one is pretty long and boring but good luck reading. ⟩

| Iida Household |

Tenya walked to his house with his head lowered. He couldn't break the news to his parents, he felt like a failure!

It was going to be difficult to explain to his parents and especially to Tensei that he had tarnished the Ingenium family name.

He opened the door to see his newly discharged brother sitting casually on the couch with their parents watching the television.

"Yo lil' bro, we heard what you did!" His brother cheered.

"I'm surprised that you're such a maverick, kiddo!" His dad added, sipping the tea from his hand.

"You kids must be really anxious. Every major station on the news is either talking about your daring feat or All Might's retirement." His mother interjected calmly.

Tenya was flabbergasted at how his parents were reacting. Shouldn't they be angry at what he's done? Shouldn't they be yelling at him for being so brash and careless?

"Mother, Father.." Tenya called, fixing his glasses, "Aren't you disappointed in me? I have just been expelled to the most recognized hero school!" He glanced at Tensei, "I even tarnished the Ingenium name!"

The three chuckled, leaving the mannered young teen to become even more bewildered.

"I can say that all of you were expelled to set an example, but it backfired. U.A. already had a lot criticism from all the various villain attacks and now there is an even bigger backlash due to your expulsion. Everywhere all I hear are protests." His mom explained, rubbing her head.

Tenya raised an eyebrow, "what do you mean, mother?"

"You haven't been online, huh, bro?" His brother grinned before opening his phone and showed it to him, "Look how much the social media is slandering your old school. It's not that we hate U.A., but they made some pretty rough decisions."

There he saw on Japan's Trending, everything was about the Kamino Incident and everything else were hero related.

#ThankYouAllMight
#AllMight'sRetirement
#FreeUAFive
#UA'sDownfall

The last one didn't feel right to Tenya. It almost felt like he and the others were the reason that everyone was pointing fingers at the school. His father eventually telling him the opposite.

Tenya was shocked that the word of their mission spread around so quickly. He assumed that in the public's perspective, they were hero wannabees that just wanted to save someone for showoffs. Was he wrong?

"Do these people not know that we broke the rules?" Tenya asked, sitting right beside his parents.

"And do you think the public cares about those kind of stuff?" His father argued, laughing at the same time, "If you act heroic, you're a hero. For them, what matters are your morals and what you did."

"I.." Tenya was so glad, he almost teared up, "I suppose not..!"

Each of his family member's face lifted him and gave a thumbs up, "Then it's up for you on attending Shiketsu High."

"Huh?!" He exclaimed, "I was about to tell you that-- Did the school inform you before us?"

The three simply nudged him on a big family embrace, "News travel fast, don't they?"