04 | Approval

« CHAPTER FOUR »
‹ APPROVAL

| Midoriya Household |

"Hey, mom, I'm home." Izuku greeted, closing the door behind him. All Might came with him, he actually requested for Young Midoriya to come with him after he promised him that he will now devote himself on raising his successor. He wanted to speak to his mother as well, Though she hadn't noticed him just yet.

"I told you I should've been the one who handled all those school stuff, sweetie." Inko stated, lining up their lunch on the table, "I can't really see you all bummed out aga-- All Might..?!"

"Good evening, Ms. Midoriya. I hope I'm not interrupting..?" All Might slightly smiled, still standing by the doorway.

"Oh no, you're not at all! Please, come in!"

Inko eventually gave All Might lunch. Even if he did his best to say he wasn't hungry, his stomach gave a different answer.

"I'm sorry this had to happen Mrs. Midoriya, I did my best to keep all of them in U.A. I think all of them are very valuable members of their former class. Most of the group were in the top five in the class ranking, afterall."

"I'm not mad at you at all, Mr. All Might. I'm just worried about my son's future-"

"Bah, you don't need to worry at all! The news has been buzzing with your son's brave heroism. I assume you got the call from Eraserhead that young Izuku is wanted by Shiketsu, correct?"

As if on cue, Izuku shuffled some papers from his pocket and showed it to her, a wide smile plastered on his face, "Shiketsu is offering me a scholarship, mom! It's okay if you don't want to if it's too far away.. I'll find a way to get to another hero school if you're not okay with it!"

Inko gazed at her son as a tear trickled down her face, should she say this? Every other hero school are denying the five of them but a big-time school was wanting him? She was proud but..

She felt so afraid on how much his son has been breaking his bones exactly after he found his quirk, one event was during the Sports Festival. Then the events on the Hosu Incident. And later on, a villain held her son captive in broad daylight. Now this time, he almost died!

She didn't know if it was selfish of her to say this but..

"It's not that.. I don't think I approve of my son becoming a hero!"

The two were taken aback, a "What?" Coming from Izuku.

"I'm sorry.. It's just that I saw you get hurt so much this year.. I can't bear to see you in a hospital bed anymore! I can't lose you, you're all I have!" Tears pouring down her puffy eyes, "I'm sorry, Izuku.."

She felt terrible, it was as if she was breaking the dream of her son, all because she was afraid of what might happen to him. Izuku might not say things but Inko had a slight idea that his son was being bullied just because of his former quirklessness. She wanted to help but the boy would only turn away and say he was alright.

Izuku had put up years of those alone to achieve his goal and she was the one who was going to put a stop to it. She felt like monster, but she preferred to be called that than to see her son heavily injured for so many times.

Izuku ran out the room, startling All Might and his mom, but came back shortly afterwards with a piece of paper. It was a letter from the young boy he saved during the attack.

"Mom, this is from Kota. A kid that hated heroes and even quirks. He said 'Thank You!' He was happy that someone was there to step up for him. He made me a hero! Even for once, I.. I managed to achieve that dream.. Even if it wasn't official.." Izuku teared up, clutching the piece of paper on his hand, "So mom, if.. If you really don't want to.. I understand.. It was my fault.. s-so I'll find a way to be a hero in the sidelines.. All I want is to make sure everyone doesn't go through what I've gone through.. A police-- maybe.. as long as I can still help people..!"