15 | Kacchan

« CHAPTER FIFTEEN »
KACCHAN

|Training Ground #0 | 11:34 P.M. |

"Wait, do we really have to fight?!" Midoriya shouted, only for Bakugo to hit him with another explosion, "I said wait!"

- Wait up, Kacchan..! -

"No matter how many time I beat you up, you would still fucking tag along behind me!" Bakugo yelled as memories of both of them admiring the same person flashed in his mind.

"WHY?!" He shouted as he was about to use his right arm for another explosion. Midoriya grabbed it only to be countered by Bakugo kicking him upwards.

Sending another explosion, Midoriya moved out of the way. "WHY?!"

"I never knew what the hell is inside that nerdy head of yours. No matter how much I beat the living shit out of you, you kept holding on and kept following me! And you were always looking at me from above with those damn eyes of yours.. even if you were just an asshole who never had a damn thing!" Bakugo aimed another explosion to Midoriya, who was now bruised and still wasn't using his quirk to fight.

"It's as if this whole time, you were looking down at me with disdain and you're truly aiming to surpass me because you believed you could! That damn attitude.." Bakugo's voice was getting louder and louder, "I can't fucking stand it!"

Midoriya was again stuck at realization. He never really did any of what Bakugo thought he was. "You thought of me.. in that way..?"

"Well, if I kept being looked down on and kept made fun of by someone, I would have already left." Midoriya clutched his fists, "But just like you said.. I had nothing.. And that's exactly why.."

"Even if you had all those unpleasant traits, I saw vividly on how amazing you were! You, who had so many things that I never had.." Midoriya finally decided to fight back after his emotions were getting into him, "To me, you were an amazing inspiring person who was even closer to me than All Might!"

"And because of that.. I always..!"

Bakugo noticed the unexpected speed he was getting into, knowing that he wouldn't be able to dodge on time, he crossed his arms to defend.

"I've finally caught up to you!" Midoriya punched him down, a deep red bruise coming from Bakugo's.

Bakugo fell out of balance, falling to the floor with a 'thud.' His face hitting the ground.

"Oh no.. I didn't mean to--" Midoriya deactivated his quirk and ran to the boy, "A-Are you all right--?"

"Don't you fucking worry about me!!" Bakugo slapped his hand away, "Just a while ago you were finally fighting back! What the hell is your problem?! Just fight me! Just.. Just.. Why?! How did I end up chasing the back of a shithead who's always trailing behind me?!"

"A shitty small fry like you getting stronger and getting recognized by All Might.. Even though I was getting stronger too.. So why.."

"Why did I become the reason for All Might's end?!"

Midoriya stood there, his eyebrows falling down from pity.