The New Kid

3rd person POV:

It was a dark cloudy night, a young man was running through the streets of his city as fast as he could.

With how much he was panting, it was quite obvious how much he was running.

After turning the corner, he sees a building with a sign that said "Conan Private Investigations".

A famous private detective agency known widely throughout the country. The sight of it calmed the young man down. Catching his breath he then ran towards the building.

Before he arrived at the door, the building bursts into flames, in a blazing explosion. The door and all the windows burst with fire.

The young man is sent flying back due to the explosion.

Getting up, he screams...

Young Man: NOOOOOOO!

Sirens could be heard in the distance, as the young man notices a man on the top floor through a broken window.

Young Man: DAD!

The man stares at him, then nods at the young man. The man turns around and tosses a file out the window.

The file was on fire. What made it to the ground, had only one eligible word which was Jintou. The young man saw this before the remains of the file burned up as well.

The young man looked back to the window where he saw his father, but now he saw a strange figure with blue flames around them. Another explosion goes off causing the whole building to crumble.

Firefighters finally arrived, but it was too late. Daitan Conan was found dead under the rubble, the next day.

(Opening theme)

After some research, the young man figured out that Jintou was a town outside of the city. Many strange occurrences seem to happen there.

The young man presumed that those occurrences had something to do with his father's investigation.

The adults and authorities told him that the fire was a simple accident, but he was raised to doubt such things until all the questions were answered. "What was that strange figure, and those blue flames?" Too many questions to accept "accident" as the truth.

However, the little hope he had that this was more than an accident, he was slowly losing. He had absolutely nothing to go on, except for the town name, the rest was lost to the flames.

Currently, he was in a car being driven to Jintou. His father had left in his will that he wanted his son to live with a woman named Mana Kurai. Since he had no mother or other relatives that he knew of, he didn't have much choice. Never heard of her before, he did a basic search on her to find that she was the current CEO of a large company that had their fingers in many pies.

The company was mostly known for its scientific and technological endeavors. The company was called Dawn enterprise, they had recently built a new research center in the town of Jintou. Mana was probably there to help the townfolk get used to something so new.

Leaning his head against the window, the young man looked out to see many parts of nature. In the distance, he sees the town.

He had lost his father, was moving in with a complete stranger, in the town that was named in the case file Daitan was working on.