Fool

(Does take place chronologically)

3rd person POV:

(26/08/2XXX/Noon)

Fool part 1:

After the young detectives returned back to Jintou, they attempted to reinvestigate the area where they assume the incident that gave the people the power to manipulate the Usso occurred.

Sadly, all they found was the construction site for an extension to Dawn enterprise. It was obvious that Mana had sent them so they would have no time to investigate.

The evidence was now most likely gone.

The teens tried to press Pen for answers, but he had gone into hiding before they had the chance.

Mana played dumb. She would either try to spend time with (Y/n) or completely shy away from him, which confused the detective.

Stuck at a dead-end, the members of the YDI club continued to live out the remainder of their summer until school began again or they gained another lead.

To pass time, (Y/n) worked at the Leblanc food truck.

Akira was currently behind the truck making a call while (Y/n) himself organized the inventory.

Organizing based on a list Akira gave to him, he found himself struggling to open one cabinet.

While struggling to pull open a cabinet, he accidentally pulled too hard and tripped back while opening it.

While it was open, he saw that it didn't contain anything for the food truck business but instead some personal things.

One of these things was a picture that caught the young detectives' attention.

Before he could investigate any further, the cabinet door shut on its own.

(Y/n):(mind) Why were some of those faces familiar?

Akira: Are you alright? I heard something fall.

Arriving inside the truck was Akira.

(Y/n): It's nothing. Just fell trying to open this cabinet.

Akira: Why did you try to open that one?

(Y/n): It was on your list.

Akira: Oh, guess I marked it wrong. My bad.

(Y/n): It's okay...

Akira:...

Akira: You seem a little down. Is everything okay?

(Y/n): A few people I know tricked me in away. I knew it was probably going to happen, but I still gave them the benefit of the doubt.

Akira: Cheer up. I'm sure they had their reasons.