Chapter 9

"I wasn't told we were going to be roommates!" Atsushi cried when he realized that Kyouka, an ex-member of the Port Mafia, was living with him. "Welcome to the club," I said as Haruno gave me an envelope containing my reward for saving Dazai. "We don't have enough rooms you see," said Dazai. "But..." "She agreed." "It was an order," said Kyouka.

"Don't you get it, Atsushi-kun?" Dazai said motioned him over. "Get what?" he asked. "Without any kin, she is as alone as can be. Besides, the Port Mafia may send assassins after her," I said. "That's true..." said Atsushi. "You should protect her," Dazai suggested. "Okay, I'll do my best!" said Atsushi and he went back to his desk.

"If you have time to mess with Atsushi, write up your report about your capture by the Port Mafia!" said Kunikida. Dazai turned to Atsushi and called him, "Atsushi-kun..." "Yes?" "Write the report for me." "What?" "It'll be about the person who placed a bounty on your head," I said. "You found out who?" Atsushi asked.

Dazai picked up a USB. "According to the Port Mafia's communication records, the bounty was funded by the leader of The Guild, a North American organization of the gifted," he said. "The Guild is considered an urban legend. Their agents are said to hold key positions in finance, politics, and military. They are a secret society who use their limitless funds and abilities to plot countless schemes. Why would such a group want Atsushi?" said Kunikida. Then we heard a helicopter coming near us. Tanizaki came in and said, "You need to come see this!"

**********

We watched the helicopter park right in the middle of the road. "The hell?" I said. "It seems we've been preempted," said Dazai as three people came out, a girl with red braided hair on the left, a man with short brown hair on the right, and a tall, slim, blonde-haired man in the middle holding a briefcase.

"I don't like this," I said.

**********

The following morning...

"Hey, did you see the morning news?!" Kunikida asked as he entered the office. "It's on the TV, too," said Dazai. "Please see for yourself. A seven-story building has vanished overnight. According to one source, the building housed a form company for the Port Mafia. It was allegedly used as an office by their agents." said the reporter on TV.

"So this is the message..." Kunikida said as Dazai turned off the TV. "Kenji-kun hasn't been back to the dorm since seeing them off," said Tanizaki who was holding Kenji's hat. "They must've done something to him," I said. "So they'll annihilate anyone who opposes them, be they the Port Mafia or the Agency," Dazai said.

"Tanizaki, from now on, you're prohibited from working alone! Look for Kenji with Atsushi!" Dazai, Vivi, you're with me! We need to meet with the president. We don't know what kind of gifts they possess. If you make contact with the enemy, don't engage them. Run!" said Kunikida. "Okay," said Atsushi.

**********

A few minutes later...

"Vivi-chan, I need sake and crab..." Dazai said as he hugged me from behind. "You ate them all yesterday, go buy them yourself this time," I said. "Then come with me," he said. Everyone was watching me getting smothered by this guy. "Fine, I'll come along," I said. "Yay~" He grabbed my hand and pulled me along with him. "Why do I feel left out?" said Kunikida.

"There," Dazai exclaimed as he filled up the shopping cart with sake and canned crab. "I think this is a bit too much," I said. "I can pay for it," he said. "You can't even pay for your tabs, blockhead." But I watched in surprise as he pulled out a few bills from his wallet and paid. "Eh? How'd you get that much cash?" I asked when he asked at the same time, "Wanna go out tonight?"

I blushed a little before answering, "Sure, why not? I guess..." Dazai continued to smile at me. "Let's go back to our dorm room," I said. "Okay~," he said and followed after me while carrying his stuff. "Do you still remember how we met?" he asked when we arrived at our dorm room. "Yes, you in your suit and tie, playing on your little PSP," I answered. "It's so hard to believe you were such a cold-hearted man back then."

"Well, at least I'm now a changed man," he said. I stood on my tiptoes and planted a kiss on his cheek. "It's so hard to believe that you're eleven days older than me," Dazai said and smiled. "We should switch birthdays," I said as he kissed me back. "So, where do you wanna go?" he asked as he held my hands. "Well, since you have much cash on you," I said and asked, "How about a five-star restaurant?"

**********

"Okay, I'm a bit concerned now," I said as Dazai paid for our dinner. "What?" he asked. "Where are you getting the money from?" "I have my ways," he answered. "I'm starting to think that's not your wallet," I said. "Oh? Who do you think it belongs to?" he asked as we left the restaurant. It was pouring outside. "Oh crap, my umbrella..." I said.

Dazai took off his coat and held it above our heads. "Let's go home, Vivi-chan," he said. We went back to our dorm room and Dazai hung up his coat to dry. Then he picked me up and carried me to bed. "I love you, Vivi-chan," he said and kissed me passionately. "I love you too, Dazai-kun," I replied.

He pinned my arms above my head and said, "My new ability is 'No Longer Virgin'." "Wait, what?" I asked. He smiled and leaned in next to my ear and whispered, "I want to show how much I love you, darling."

Port Mafia base...

"DAZAI YOU BASTARD! YOU TOOK MY WALLET!!!" Chuuya screeched.