Chapter 14

"Vivi-chan?" I slowly opened one eye to see Dazai leaning over me. "Oh, Dazai-kun..." I mumbled. He kissed me on the forehead and asked, "How are you feeling?" "Still hurts a bit," I answered and sat up. "Aw, my poor baby," he said and hugged me. I smiled and ruffled his hair. "It's okay, I'm fine," I told him.

Dazai rested his chin on my shoulder and said, "I hope you'll feel better soon." "Thank you, handsome," I said and kissed him. He smiled and kissed me back. "I'll make breakfast for you, my love," he said and stood up. "I have a feeling you're gonna burn down the kitchen," I said. "Man is gonna cause arson in this room."

**********

Sunset...

I was standing near the harbor to see the Moby Dick crash into the sea, nearly missing the city. Atsushi was on the ground, crying over Kyouka's death when she maneuvered her aircraft to crash into the Moby Dick just to save the city, while Akutatgawa was standing next to him. "This is how it ought to have been, Atsushi-kun," said Dazai as he and Fukuzawa joined me.

Atsushi looked up and saw us. "Dazai-san, Vivi-san. Boss?" he said. Akutagawa's eyes widened when he saw Dazai. "Kyuoka-chan overcame herself and saved the city. With the high-mindedness expected of the Agency," said Dazai. "But there was no reason she had to die," said Atsushi. "True, this is a merciless conclusion. But there was a reason that it had to be this way."

"My ability, All Men Are Created Equal, has an effect only on my subordinates... That is, on members of the Agency," said Fukuzawa. "The ability allows for control over the output of the abilities of another. The reason you're able to control your tiger abilities now is because you joined the Agency. And Kyouka-chan passed the entrance exam. Right in the instant before the impact," I said.

Atsushi's eyes widened. "Do you understand what that means?" asked Dazai as Kyouka landed on the ground behind us. "I used Demon Snow's katana to cut the chain and escape," she said and smiled. "I'm back." Atsushi got up and ran over to her before hugging her tightly. "Welcome back," he said. "You're hurting me," she said. "Sorry," he said and quickly let her go.

"Sorry I kept it from you both. If I hadn't, it wouldn't have made for a proper entrance exam," said Dazai. "Was this all planned from the beginning?" Atsushi asked. "The enemy's been defeated, and Kyou-chan passed," I said. "I'm glad it all worked out," said Dazai and smiled. "Dazai-san!" Akutagawa said. "There's no one left to get in my way. Please see my strength now."

"I don't know. You're at your limit now, aren't you? You just defeated the Guild's leader, after all," said Dazai as he approached him. "That's irrelevant. I am-" Dazai placed a hand on Akutagawa's shoulder. "You've become strong," he told him.  Akutagawa immediately fainted. "Oh, whoops," Dazai said.

Atsushi was looking at the city and I said, "Nice view, isn't it?" "You protected it," said Dazai as he stood beside me. "It's your city." Atsushi smiled and looked down, "My city, huh?"

**********

In our dorm room...

"Vivi-chan~" "Hmm?" "I'm tired~" "Same." I patted Dazai on the back as he hugged me tightly. "We're all tired honestly," I said. "Shall we go to that place?" he asked. Pause. "Yeah, why not?" I said. We left our dorm and went down to the harbor. "This is where I first saw you," I said and sat down. Dazai sat down next to me and said, "You still look the same four years ago."

"Oi, why are you here?" asked Chuuya who was standing beside us. "Eh? When did you get here?" asked Dazai. "Just now," he answered and sat down beside me. "Here, I brought wine for us." Chuuya pulled out a bottle of wine and three wine glasses. "Nice work you guys," he said. "You too," I said as he poured wine into each glass.

"Cheers," we said and clinked glasses.