5. I'll be Fine

Waking up was the worst part. You had a killer headache and felt terribly weak.

It was morning by then, the grey demon skin having receded from sight. Not that it really mattered to you at the moment.

You sat up and kicked your legs over the edge of the cot you were on.

"Where on earth am I?"

Standing, you came to the painful realization that your legs didn't feel like walking.

The sound of you falling to the wooden floor must've been apparent because shortly after, a girl came into the room with a worried expression.

She had short brown hair and rosy cheeks.

"She's kinda cute."

"I want to eat her."

"You're awake, how are you feeling?" She asked, kneeling beside you and sitting you up.

"Like death." You said in a monotone voice.

"I healed you as best as I could, but there was still a bit of poison left in your system that shouldn't be to problematic."

"Oh, you healed me? Then thanks." You said, looking at her.

Ignoring your pain, you forced yourself to your feet and stood, stretching out your sore arms.

She panicked a bit, "Ahh- you shouldn't be up yet! You're still weak and could fall or-"

"I'll be fine." You spoke and turned to a small desk where a majority of your stuff was.

"How are you even able to get up? It should be extremely painful." She says, following you nervously.

"Meh, pain is pain, it'll go away eventually." You replie, buckling on your hip bag.

"That's not very good logic." She sweat dropped.

You picked up your staff, examining the new nicks and scuffs.

"Well, thanks for the help, I'm leaving now."

"EH?!" She called as you walked out of the room.

She hurried after you, you quickly found the front door and swung it open.

"P-Please, you need to get more rest before moving this much!" She stammered as you stepped outside and into the sun.

"I told you, I'll be fine." You sighed.

"Huh? Ochako, what's going on?" A familiar voice questioned.

It was the same green haired guy. You gave him a passing glance but continued to walk off.

"They're trying to leave, there's no way she's healed enough to go away." She fretted.

"I'm not trying to leave, I am leaving." You spoke up, waving your hand a bit, "So goodbye."

They both seemed dumbfounded but hurried after you.

"Are you sure you want to? You barely just got healed from the poison and there's no guarantee you'll be ok by yourself." He said hurriedly.

"Yea! And with the recent goblin attacks you'll be vulnerable!" The girl, Ochako, said at your other side.

"Thanks for your concern but I dont want to stay longer than needed." You spoke dismissively.

"Well you still need to stay, at least for two more days to get back to full strength." Ochako urged.

"No thanks." You replied, you would never admit it, but every step was pure agony on your weakened muscles.

You stopped in your tracks as you saw two people approaching, one, the blonde from before, the other was a redhead holding two bags of, most likely, food.

They both stopped a pace away along with you and the other two. It was silent for a moment before the redhead spoke.

"Uh, what's going on, guys?"

"They're trying to leave." Ochako spoke.

"So?" The blonde replied with crossed arms.

"They're not fully healed, it's dangerous for them to go now!" The green haired one retorted.

You waved your hand dismissively, "No no, it's ok, I'll be fine on my own."

Honestly, your body was practically shaking with the effort to hold yourself up.

"You don't sound convincing."

"I'm grateful for your help, but honestly I dont need or want it, I'm better off on my own anyway." You sighed.

"Can you hold these?" The redhead asked the blonde.

He begrudgingly took the bags from the redhead and said redhead paced up to you.

You looked up at him, quirking a brow.

"What are you-?" Suddenly you were lifted from the ground and over his shoulder like a sack of flour.

The movement caused you to accidentally drop your staff and your brain hadn't fully processed what was going on.

"Alright, let's get back now." The redhead spoke to the others.

"H-Huh?" You basically squeaked.

Ochako picked up your staff and followed as the redhead lead the way back to that house.

"W-wait! You can't do this, it's basically kidnapping!" You cried.

"Kidnapping with good intentions!" The redhead cheered.

"What!?"