9. Exocism

You had finished eating at the tavern and were following as the cloaked stranger lead the way through town.

It wasn't hard to keep up and the people of the town seemed very happy. You were a bit caught up in the positive energy that you didn't notice the frantic man shoving past people and using pleading words.

That is until he grabbed your shoulders, giving you an awful scare.

"Please you have to help!" He cried.

Your heart rate calmed down as you recovered from the shock of being grabbed so suddenly.

"W-What?" You said in confusion.

"Its my wife! She's been very sick and I dont have the money to help her!" He cried, tears in his eyes.

"Oh? I'm not sure if I can-"

"Please you have to help!" He cried again, falling to his knees and clutching your shirt.

You looked down at him with a frown and looked around, noticing you had been separated from your group.

"Well there's no helping it now."

"Yes there is, just ditch him."

You shook your head and kneeled down next to him.

"Alright, take me to her, I'll see what can be done." You spoke comfortingly.

"Thank you! This way!" He stood and led you through the town to a more quiet place, it looked like a neighborhood.

"In here!" He called from a doorway.

You followed him into the well lit house and up the stairs to a bedroom at the end of the hall.

"She's in here." He said, opening the door and walking in.

You took a breath, clutching your staff tighter before entering a few seconds after him.

What you saw was terrible. The woman was sitting up, against the bed board. Her skin was pale, almost white.

Her eyes looked dull and dead and a bit of blood was caked on the edge of her mouth.

You covered your mouth I shock.

"Plague?!"

"Fufufu~ take a closer look~"

You swallowed the lump in your throat and stepped closer. Examining her more closely.

Her arms were terribly thin, the bones showing, and her wrists were.. chained?

"What is the meaning of this?" You demanded, pointing to the chains.

"N-No! It's not what it looks like, it's just she keeps trying to attack people, that's all!" He defended himself, standing ont he opposite side of the bed, clutching the womans hand.

Suddenly she lurched forward. Reaching a skinny arm for you, her nails were mere centimeters from your face.

She growled and snarled at you, jaws snapping like a dog. Your eyes narrowed and you set your staff against the wall.

"Sir, you need to step back, I know what to do." You spoke.

He looked up, "You won't kill her, will you?" He whined.

"No, there is a demon inside her, it must be extracted at once!" You demanded.

He got up and stood back. You clasped your hands together and closed your eyes.

"Oh divine angels of protection, I beg thee to have mercy, defend us against this evil so that we may live to see judgement yet, may the gods restrain him I humbly pray, heavenly vanquishment!" You aimed your palm at the woman, a soft glow emitting from you as she screamed.

(That's not a real prayer don't come for my wig)

Her body seized and convulsed and she spat up blood before black ink oozed from her skin.

Her breathing seemed to stop for a moment, you worried for that until she took a large heaving breath.

You lowered your palm and took a breath as the man rushed to her side, taking her hand once more.

He kissed the back of it as tears fell. She looked over to him and smiled.

"I was so cold, I dont wanna feel like that again." She spoke weakly.

"You won't, I promise." He said with a happy smile.

"You best keep that promise." You put in, grabbing your staff, "I'll be going now."

"Thank you! I can't repay you now, but if I can help you in anyway I'm the future, please just-"

"Alright, I'll keep that in mind, but I really must go now." You smiled.

"Thank you, young miss." The woman called, smiling at you.

You returned the smile and left the room, heading out of the house. You looked around then sighed before hitting your head lightly with your closed fist.

"Damnit! I have no clue where I am!"