7

"How could you?" Grian looked at Mumbo in disappointment and anger.

"I-I'm sorry! I didn't mean t-"

"Yeah, well you did! I'm dead because of you! But you know what, I would have been fine being dead. But no, you had to make me like you. A monster." He spat, venom coating his voice as it lashed through Mumbo's head. Mumbo looked at his feet as tears began to fall from his face.

"Oh, quit crying! You don't deserve my pity. You don't deserve anything." Suddenly, the entire server was standing behind Grian, all looking down at him in anger.

"You freak!" He heard Iskall yell, then False, then Ren, until the entire server began to spew names at him. But even though the entire room was full of sound, he could hear Grian's the loudest.

"Murderer."

"Mumbo!" He was being shaken awake, and met the eyes of a frantic Xisuma as he lifted his head from the dirt of the garden.

"What? What's wrong?" He asked nervously as he sat up.

"It's Grian. He's gone."

It had felt like Grian had swallowed lava as he awoke. His eyes opened slowly as he assessed everything around him. The sun was rising over Mumbo's base, and though he watched as the rays of light crept up his form, he noticed something. He couldn't feel them. What he could feel, however, was the now very long and pointy set of fangs inhabiting his mouth. He brought his tongue up to investigate, but felt something else. Another deep pang of pain from his stomach so intense, it forced him to sit up and hold his stomach in pain. He frantically looked around to find anything that would stop the pain when his eyes landed on something. Xisuma sat hunched and asleep in a chair by the bed he had woken up in.

Something inside of Grian told him what to do to stop the pain, and though he knew he didn't want to hurt his friend, he was unable to stop himself as he leaped onto X's sleeping form. Suddenly, everything else in the world dulled as all focus went toward Xisuma's neck, ignoring Xisuma trying to shove him away. Grian clawed at the helmet, desperately trying to pry it away from his food, but as X successfully pushed Grian off of him, he sensed something else. Easier prey. Just as quickly as he attacked Xisuma, Grian ran out of the base and toward his new prey.

"What?! What do you mean he's gone?!" Mumbo raised his voice, and watched as Xisuma took a step back from him.

"I did what you asked, I watched over him, waiting for him to wake up. But, I guess I fell asleep, and when I woke up, he was on top of me. His eyes were super dilated and he was clawing at my helmet. I guess he decided it was too much hassle because he just took off." X explained, and Mumbo's brain slowly began to piece things together.

"Oh god. We have to find him now." Mumbo stood and began to put on his elytra.

"Wait, why? What's going on?" X asked nervously, and Mumbo stopped for a second.

"A newly turned vampire is one of the most dangerous things on the planet," He explained as he continued to put on his armour. "They are so hungry, they can't think rationally. They'll attack the first person they see. But they're also extremely weak. If he doesn't feed within a certain amount of time, he'll die. Again." He summarized, and X's eyes widened.

"Yeah, I guess we should hurry then."

"Grian get off of me!" Iskall yelled, causing nearby hermits to follow the sound to the middle of the shopping district. Grian was on top of Iskall, desperately leaning down in an attempt to bite him. Iskall successfully kept him away as Grian realized how weak he felt. Cub ran over and grabbed Grian's shoulder, attempting to pry him off of Iskall, but with one swift motion, Cub was thrown away from the 2, causing him to skid across the gravel. This caught Grian's attention as Cub stood back up, noticing the cut running along his arm and bleeding profusely. Grian got up from Iskall and turned his body toward Cub, but just as he was about to sprint and attack with the last of his draining strength, he felt someone stop him.

"Alright everybody! Back away!" Xisuma yelled over the commotion as he landed in front of the crowd. Mumbo held Grian back, fully fed and much stronger than the small man trying to push past him.

"Grian, stop!" He yelled, and turned back to Cub. "Go get a cup or something, and I know this is going to sound weird, but try to catch as much blood as you can into it." He commanded, and Cub looked at him in confusion. "Just do it!" He yelled, sending Cub into motion. He ran farther into the shopping district as Mumbo felt Grian get heavier. He looked back at him to see him no longer fighting against him, but slumped into his arms.

One more chapter! I kinda had to cut this chapter short, or else it would have been like 1000 words long, so if the next chapter starts kinda weirdly, that's why. Anyway, thanks for reading, I hope you have a good day/night, and you are loved.