8 (Final)

Iskall pulled himself up and over to Xisuma, who was still trying to hold back the crowd of curious hermits.

"X, what the hell is going on?!" He asked frantically, and X sighed.

"I- it's not my explanation to give. Just, hold on. Please, I promise we will explain, just not right now." X tried to console, and Iskall sighed.

"Alright." He threw his hands up in the air and watched as Cub ran back toward the scene, a cup in hand.

"Cub, hand me the cup slowly." Mumbo commanded as he lowered himself and Grian to the ground. Cub followed the instructions, and as Mumbo passed the cup across his mouth, he had to fight the urge to chug it down. Instead, he carefully brought it to Grian's lips. Barely conscious, Grian began to drink and in a matter of seconds, the cup was empty. Mumbo sighed in relief and as he raised his glare from the friend in his arms, he noticed all of the terrified eyes of the server staring at him. Just like in his nightmare, they were surrounding him, staring daggers into his soul. Xisuma noticed the situation had been mostly deescalated and walked over to Mumbo.

"Is he ok?" He asked, and Mumbo nodded.

"Yeah. I just hope he got enough." He said slowly, and X sighed in relief. He looked back at the crowd, then back to Mumbo.

"Uh, I think you have a bit of explaining to do." He smiled, and Mumbo shut his eyes.

"Yeah. I know."

This time when Grian awoke, it wasn't in pain. He still felt weak, but not to the point of exhaustion. He was in Mumbo's base again, but this time, he heard something from outside. Pouring water. He stood from the bed and made his way out into the garden, where he saw Mumbo. He was hunched over a flower, pouring water over it's decaying petals.

"It's dead." He stated plainly, and Mumbo sighed.

"I know. I just thought with enough water, it would get better." He admitted sadly, and Grian sat next to him.

"I'm like you now, aren't I?" He asked quietly, and Mumbo kept his attention on the flower. Grian watched as his body began to shake, and though he had put down the watering can, water continued to fall onto the flower.

"Grian, I am so sorry. I never wanted any of this."

"Hey, it's ok." Finally, Mumbo turned to face Grian, face soaked in tears he couldn't feel falling from his chin.

"No, it's not." He stated calmly, and Grian sighed.

"It was an accident. You were hungry. Trust me, I get it now."

"What?"

"Mumbo, I almost killed Iskall. I was going to kill Cub. I didn't want to, but something told me I had to. It was the hunger." He explained, and Mumbo silently nodded along. "I know now what you did, you had no control over it. And hey, it's not just like you left me dead. Now I get to be a cool vampire with you now!"He mused happily, and Mumbo sighed.

"There really is no way you're going to let me feel bad about this, is there?" He asked, a small smile creeping onto his face.

"Nope! I'm a vampire now! I drink blood and sulk all day! Bleh bleh bleh!" He mocked and Mumbo laughed.

"I don't sound like that." He chuckled before stopping and letting the moment go somber again. Grian placed his hand onto Mumbo's before he could say anything.

"Mumbo, it's really ok. I promise." Mumbo took a deep breath and looked up at the sky.

"Whatever you say, noobie." He joked, and Grian acted offended.

"Noobie?! I was made a vampire yesterday! Of course I'm a noob! But at least I have someone to show me the ropes. Now will you please tell me how to retract these stupid fangs before I accidently bite my lip?"

3 months later

Mumbo stood in his base, watching as the sun rose over his garden. All of the flowers in it bloomed spectacularly with vibrant beautiful colors. He heard a rocket go off behind him, and turned to see Grian standing there.

"Hey, blood drive is about to start, you coming?" He asked cheerfully, and Mumbo smiled.

"How could I say no to free food? Let's go." He walked out of his garden, and just as he was about to take off into the sky, he turned to look back at one of the flowers. Where once sat a decaying dark flower was now another beautiful blooming rose amongst its peers. He took a deep breath and watched as the flower bobbed in the wind, and took off into the sky.

Sorry for the lateness, I'm on vacation lol. Yay dats it! Thanks again to JazzyDrawz on Deviant Art for making the cover art, even if it got a little weirdly cropped on Wattpad. Anyway, I really hope you liked this one, it was a little out of my comfort zone, but I'm kinda happy with it. I hope you have a good day/night, and you are loved.