Chapter Seven

"What are you doing James!? Who are all these men!?" I asked in confusion.

James gestured to the men and said, "They are all my people. We work for The Guardians. The plan was to find you and bring you to headquarter so you could become one of us, but Peter has failed us and ended up falling in love with you. This wasn't part of the plan at all, but we are going to have to take you both to headquarters with us. As for you Peter. We are going to have to see what you know and erase your memories, again."

James then gestured to the men and two of them grabbed Peter's arms and dragged him outside.

"No, Peter! Stop James, make them stop!"

"Sorry sweetheart but no can do," James stated as he stepped forward and grabbed my chin.

I stood up and pushed him away from me causing him to hit the wall.

"Don't ever call me sweetheart!" I stated angrily.

James grinded his teeth before saying, "Okay so you want to play rough. Alright, let's play rough!"

James then shoved me hard onto the bed knocking the wind out of me. Then he took out a needle, filled with a clear liquid, from his pocket, and shot me with it.

"This should keep you still for a while." He stated laughingly.

"What did you do to me." I sputtered out.

"I shot you with a liquid that freezes you, and makes you unable to move," James stated as he sat down on the bed next to me.

"What do you want from me?" I asked.

"I want you to join our side. It will make things easier for you. You will have power as you've never had before." James stated as he leaned down to touch my cheek.

I tried to move away but couldn't so I spat at him and he pulled back wiping his face.

"You'll pay for that girl!"

In one swift move, he pulled me up and kissed me. I tried to move away from him but couldn't so I began to cry.

James pulled away and wiped my tears with his thumb.

"Don't cry, sweetheart. Soon this will all be over and you will have your rightful spot next to me."

James then ordered one of his men to carry me to the car and once I got in I blacked out.

When I awoke I found myself in a bedroom. The walls were blue and pink, and so were the other things in the room. There was a dresser next to the bed I was in, a bathroom, and there was a closet on the other side of the room. I checked the bedroom door to see if I could get out and surprisingly it was unlocked. So I crept out closing the door behind me and turned down a corner that leads to stairs. Then I saw James and another man talking at the bottom of the staircase.

"Did you secure him in the room?" James asked the man.

"Yes Sir. He won't be able to get out." The man replied.

"Okay good. I will keep an eye on the girl." James stated.

"You'll keep more than an eye on her I'm sure." The man murmured.

"What was that?" James asked raising an eyebrow.

"Nothing Sir. I'll just be taking my leave now." The man started walking away.

"That's what I thought," James stated.

Then James turned suddenly and saw Katie standing there.

"How long have you been standing there?" James asked.

"Where are you keeping Peter!?" I asked James trying hard not to cry.

"Why do you care about him so much? I know you love me. You need to stop fighting it." James stated as he climbed up the stairs.

"I don't love you! I never have and I never will! Peter is a better person then you'll ever be!" I shouted back to him as I backed away.

James came all the way up the stairs and tried to grab my arm, but I turned and ran down the hall and back into the room I woke up in. I locked the door and put a chair in front of it.

I heard James come running up to the door and try to open it, but when he found that it was locked he began to kick at the door trying to get it open.

"Go away, James!" I cried.

James said nothing but he kicked the door again and the chair fell away. I run to the door and pushed my weight up against it.

"Get away from the door Katie!" James cried from the other side.

"No, leave me alone!" I yelled back.

James kicked the door again, and the door came loose and I was thrown across the room from the force of the kick.

I got up slowly and saw James standing next to me breathing hard.

"Who the hell do you think you are!?" James asked me.

"Go away."

"This is my house you can't tell me what to do!" James stated.

I flopped onto the bed and pulled my knees up to my chest.

"I want to see Peter."

James stared down at me then sighed.

"Fine come with me," James stated as he walked out of the room.

I quickly stood up and followed him down the stairs. He then leads me to his car and motion for me to get in. I did so and soon he was driving us to The Guardian headquarters.