Chapter Eight

We pulled up to a tall building that looked like it went up forever.

I looked up, and as hard as I tried to see, I couldn't see the top.

James got out of the car and went around to open her door.

He held his hand out for her, but I looked at it and got out myself.

James looked at his hand as if it were alien, and then quickly put it to his side.

He then leads me to the front door of the building and held the door open for me to walk in.

As soon as I walked in I was in shock. The inside of the building was beautiful! There was a water fountain in the middle of the floor, beautiful flower pots in all the corners of the room, and a glass chandelier in the middle of the roof.

"Do you like it?" James asked me with a smile.

"It's nice," I replied back with a shrug.

James' smile vanished and was replaced with a frown.

Good, I thought to myself, I wiped that smile right off his face.

James lead me to an elevator and we both got in. He made the elevator go to the third floor and soon we were where moving up.

James then lead me down the hall and stopped at a door that had the number seven on it.

"Are you sure you want to see him?" James asked me.

"Of course I'm sure!" I replied back.

He then opened the door and I walked in.

The room had a double-sided glass and I could see Peter in the other room lying on the floor, unconscious.