have you fallen out of love? [_____ x reader]

"Have you fallen out of love?" you asked, looking at the demigod sitting in front of the window. 

She stared blindly outside, looking at the heroes playing basketball under the heat of the summer sun; Annabeth, Percy, Piper, Leo, Hazel and Frank. 

"I suppose you could say that yeah," she said. She looked at the heroes almost in a childlike wonder. "I just needed to take a breath. Live my life. Find other passions. Everybody lives so many different lives and I just..." 

"There was a time where the characters in a book, those heroes outside, were my only friends. We played make believe that I was included in their adventures and I drowned myself in novels upon novels, fanfictions upon fanfictions, until I didn't need them anymore. 

You think those characters, those stories that you love so dearly will continue to be your world the rest of your life, but it's like the deities themselves; they come and go as you need to learn from them. I've been learning from others now. It feels good to learn and as sad as it was to go, I know I can always come back whenever I please." 

The girl laughed, closing the notebook sitting in her lap and looking at you. "I'll be back. I don't know when, or how, but someday I will be back into this world. I'll say hello to Percy, and Lester and Will and Nico and You, Y/N. I just feel so out of touch with this place; the grass under my feet feels like i'm in a childhood home and as much as it excites me, it's hard to motivate me. But I'll be back. Someday." 

She looked at you, her blue eyes shining. "Goodbye, Y/N. I hope you continue to have your own adventures.

The End. 

7.25.2020

-HeyThereDelilah56 xx