River x Elio (A Nice Night)

"River," Elio said.

The two boys sat on the rooftop, their legs dangling over the edge as they looked out across the city. The sky was clear and filled with stars. A bright moon illuminated light across the city. Tonight was just like any other night.

But tonight Elio had a surprise for River.

They had been dating for almost a year now. It had been hard but they would not leave each other for the world and Elio has finally wanted to seal the deal. He wanted to make sure River and him were together forever.

"Yes, Elio?" River responded, looking at him in the eyes. Elio blushed. He knew he had to get this done tonight.

"You know we have been together for almost a year now," Elio started. River nodded and smiled, remembering all the good times, "Well..." Elio tried to speak, but the words felt lodged in his throat. His hand gripped the small box in which the ring was placed in.

"Babe are you okay? Is something wrong? Are you alri-" But before River could finish Elio spat out,

"Will you be my husband?!" He quickly fumbled with his hands to open the box, revealing a beautiful silver ring with an aquamarine in the middle. Elio's face became beat red as he held out the ring.

River looked at the ring before looking back at Elio, "E-Elio," he was able to get out. Elio looked down, lowering the ring, 'I screwed up. I think I preposed to early. Does he hate me? He might' Elio thought to himself. He looked back at River, who staring at nothing, and felt even worse, 'I did it way too soon, what if he wants to break up? No, no, no, no, why didn't I wait till later, Mabey if I did-' but before he could finish that thought he was pulled into a kiss. His fears melted away as he kissed back, interlocking his hand with River's.

"Yes, yes, thousand times yes!" River exclaimed while pulling back a bit. His eyes watered up with tears of joy, he was so happy. Elio Placed the ring on River's finger while kissing his cheek.

River smiled and looked at the ring. It was a silver ring the was shaped like a dragon going in a circle, and at the end and beginning of the circle was the aquamarine.

River was the happiest he had been in years, he couldn't believe the day had finally come. He and Elio would finally become husbands.

But for now, it's time to relax and cuddle until the night is over.

~**Authors note**~

Words-429

This was just a little one-shot I thought of last night and I wanted to write it. if their's anything I can improve on please tell me. I really want to be a better writer. Also sorry it's so short. Thank you very much for reading and have a great day. <3