Dancing Freedom

It had been nearly three months after Indoles, or should I say, Oakley, had his lighting magic taken away. For the first week, he was unconscious, unable to move or do anything. He was soon able to regain consciousness after that, although he was not the same.

He was in many therapy classes, physical, mental, and speech. Ritchie or Flurry were always with him, no matter the time, day, or weather. He had no freedom and couldn't do anything without someone babying him.

Sure, he was in a lot of pain and had a hard time doing things, but what he hated more than that was being babied.

He had constructed a plan. Once everyone was asleep, he would sneak out the window and spend some time outside, alone, where no one could baby him.

It was now almost one in the morning as Oakly sat up, looking over at his sleeping father on the chair next to him. He slowly got up, doing his best not to make a sound.

Once he got out of bed, he made his way over to the window. He peered outside and once he saw no one coming by, he gently opened the window. A gust of cold wind blew into the empty room once the window was open.

Oakley prayed that Ritchie didn't awaken before hopping out the now open window. As he hopped onto the roof he closed the window behind him. A small noise was made, but Oakley paid no mind to it, thinking that it wouldn't awaken anyone.

Once he was steady on the roof, he concentrated his magic for the first time in months and shot out a vine. A wide grin grew onto his face as he looked at the vine.

He quickly jumped, swinging down to the ground. He walked for a few minutes toward the beach, the sounds of animals and the waves crashing his only comfort.

He shivered at the cold night winds, blowing against his skin. He wore a simple white nightgown with flowy sleeves and long, flowy pants. It may have been coving, but it was thin, letting the winds sweep through the fabric.

As he walked, he noticed a small clearing near the path to the water. He looked around before taking a calming, deep breath.

'In and out,' Oakley thought to himself, 'in and out,'

Once he calmed his nerves, he began to dance.

First position.

Arms up.

Bring the leg around and twirl.

Light and flowy, like a feather.

He danced to the waves, his eyes closed. A wave of relief washed over him, like the waves washing over the sand. He had never felt this calm. Not recently at least.

All of his fears, worries, and negative thoughts washed right out of him as he moved his body.

His confidence that he had been missing sprouted back up. He finally felt free.

He twirled around, leaping from place to place, doing spins all about the place.

An arabesque here.

Fourth position there.

He couldn't help the smile that had grown on his face like vines on an old, decaying building. Or the laughs of joy every time he flew through the sky.

He was so focused, he didn't notice the sun slowly rising over the water.

Or the shouts of his name.

"OAKLEY!"

Oakley snapped his head around, staring at the other blued haired man.

He was in the middle of the air.