i don't need any pity

white noise.

iguro fucking hates them.

the sound of people whistling, tapping, grunting and all the irrelevant sounds are so annoying. it always made him feel pressured and suffocating, causing him to always have a bad mood.

he clicks his tongue loudly. as if a signal being let off, the train became silent as they stare at him in disgust.

like i give a fuck about manners.

he clenched on to the wallet in his pocket. and a piece of crumbled paper as he keeps checking the time on his phone.

day 24. day 23. day 22.

she never came for three days.

it was foolish to iguro. how he had a small spark of hope that she would come again, and he would get to at least get to talk her out of taking her own life. but she never came. she came into his life, being the first person other than his father to know his actual name, then left mysteriously the next day.

karma. was what he would called it. if he hadn't been so harsh, he would have gotten free tuition...or a friend, maybe.

he adjusted his mask and grunted, ready to get out from the train since he had already gotten his 'food' for the day.

but he stopped as he stood up and met a pair of green eyes.

"i-"

before obanai got to finish his sentence, mitsuri looked away and sat opposite him, and plugged in her earphones and proceeded to look at her phone.

though she seemed all tough, obanai could see a little red in her eyes as she continued to pretend he was not there.

obanai lowley clicked his tongue and walked over to her side and stood beside her, towering over her small and petit body that was sitting down.

he slowly got the piece of wrinkly paper out and handed it to her, his hands shaking a little in guilt.

"don't end your own life. there's much more to life than you think." he said quietly as mitsuri looked up at him in surprised.

how ironic. it almost makes obanai laugh. to think that someone like him would advise someone to not kill themselves. he himself has been thinking that killing himself was the best option in his very much so unfortunate and miserable life. he continued to stare at her blankly as she shoved the paper down her little handbag and sniffed a little.

"you misunderstood. i don't want to die." mitsuri quietly says, her nails digging in her lap.

"can't you see why i'm skinny? way skinnier than normal?" she spread out her long skinny legs and stared at her boots as she speaks.

right. i did notice it, but just didn't pay much attention to it...

suddenly, something in obanai clicked. he roamed around her body. she was wearing oversized sweater, a scarf and a knee-length skirt. if anything, it looked normal for a teenager to try to fashion up themselves. but in her case, it seemed like she was trying to hide her own body.

"...the doctors don't know what it is, but it's eating away my body. i'm only 40 kilograms." she confessed quietly.

obanai eye's widen a little. even as a person who barely eats to save money, he's around 60 kilograms. or maybe he's just tall, or his bones are heavy. he doesnt know, but he does know that 40kg is never a normal weight for an 18 year old girl.

so 50 takoyaki's huh....

" i'm sorry. about your health...and about what i said the other day." obanai held on to the train handle on the roof of the train as it drives out of the ground.