who am i ?

"hm?"

"what is love?"

"hmm..."

"iguro, love is beautiful and free. love is when you sacrifice everything for someone you love."

"really?"

"you'll understand next time when you get a lover iguro!"

i hate you.

you lied ma.

love is fucking disgusting, ma.

that's why you left dad to rot with pictures of you on the wall.

" no, sir. my parents are deceased." iguro replied, unfazed.

mitsuri who sat at his side immediately looked at him, her brows furrowed with an unreadable expression.

"o-oh. i see. i am deeply sorry for your-"

"it's fine really. i don't wish to talk about it." iguro chuckled, visibly uncomfortable with mitsuri's father getting all chummy with him.

he could see in the corner of his eye that mitsuri's mother nudged his elbow, obviously signalling him he overcrossed his boundary of questions.

"then who do you live with now?" curious, yet concerned, her father asked again.

obanai internally grumbled. he was still trying to figure out if he's suppose to use the bigger fork or the medium size one, or the small fork to eat this...ridiculously small piece of steak.

"uh. i live with my dad." he replied unwillingly.

"but you said your parents are deceased?" not letting the topic go, her father asked again, receiving yet another glare from his wife.

"well...saying my dad is alcholic and drug addict wouldnt be a pleasant first impression is it?" obanai said, this time looking back up to him, giving on which fork to use.

"o-oh..." he cleared his throat and adjusted his tie while his wife shoves him another harsh glare.

"ignore my husband! he's a little insensitive sometimes! eat! eat!" mitsuri's mother said with a cold sweat.

the next 20 minutes were like hell. it was so, so awkward. obanai felt like he could just dig a hole in the wall and bury himself inside.

like just wtf is going on??

obanai decided to use the small fork to eat his steak, only to be stopped by the maid who was standing by the side.

"the small fork is for dessert; medium for side dishes; and the big fork is usually for pasta or main course meals." she said with a smile, yet putting an insane amount of pressure on his hand so he would drop the fork.

does it make a fucking difference bro??? the steak is the size of a spoonful of cake dude??

then, mitsuri had to teach him how to use the knife without making a loud squeaky scratching sound on the plate, trying her best to ignore the cringe faces her father was doing and the face of pity her mother had for the antique plate.

things couldn't have got worse when the next dish was prawn.

like an instinct, obanai grabbed the prawn with his hand to peel the shell, only to have his hand completely stopped by mitsuri.

"y-you can use the utensils to remove the shell!" mitsuri's mother speak up once again, even demonstrating how to peel it with fork and knife.

"uh...you know what...i'm actually not hungry...i ate before i came here so it's all good..." obanai let down his utensils in defeat and says almost in a whisper, making even the maids feel guilty.

he stood up immediately, stumbling a little bit on the unfamiliar carpeted floor with his amrs open wide, not wanting his dirty hands staining his suit.

"where's the toilet?" he asked, trying his best to be polite even though he almost sweared.

"the washroom is over there sir." the maid pointed gracefully towards the left end, which was yet again another fancy looking glass door.

obanai furrowed his eyebrow.

toilet and washroom is the same...

obanai sighs as he washes his hand, unconciously glancing around the clean and marble toilet design.

the toilet is so damn big, it be bigger than my room.

maybe i shouldn't have come.

instantly, he thought of her face being upset. he clicked his tongue and decided to stay a little while longer.

suddenly, he heard some yelling outside. he instinctly rested his ears on the door.

"that was so rude of you dad!" a voice obanai assumed it was mitsuri.

obanai stepped back, not wanting to hear the rest of the conversation.

surely he doesn't want to hear people arguing again. he had enough already arguing at home.

"fuck!"

the door suddenly flung open and it hit obanai dead on his forehead.

about to shout, obanai looked down at the culprit. it was an angry mitsuri.

"the f-...heck was that for? also this is the toilet! the toilet mitsuri! privacy?" he asked, annoyed.

"lets go!" she grabbed his wrist harshly and dragged him all the way to past the dining room where her parents was reprimanding her, but she obviously decided to pretend she had major ear wax and continue to drag him all the way to the main entrance.

"uh excuse me, where the fuck are we going?" obanai asked, yet not using his body to stop her even if he could.

"we! are going to eat takoyaki! for my BIRTHDAY!" she said angrily as she unlocks the main entrance while the maids gather around to calm her down.

"please, mitsuri-chan, sir will get angry!"

"he already is!" she shouted as she drags obanai out and stops when they reach the road.

"so...what are going to do now?" obanai asked, hands now in his pockets, amused by her sudden anger.

"we are going to the old uncle's takoyaki place! to eat!" she replied, pouting.

"and how are we going to get there?" obanai asked with a smirk, knowing they are in the middle of a hill and train stations are very-fucking-far-away.

"CAR!" she said, pulling out a bmw car key and walking towards the car as obanai trails behind, speechless.

"do you even have a driver license?" he asked, though he still got in the car.

"no! but let's do this." she said, fastening her seatbelt and turning to look at him with a grin and an idiotic thumbs up.

"mitsuri, i don't feel like dyiNG TO-!"

A/N : get ready for sum angst