will you, miss me if i die?

obanai jolts awake as he feels someone poking him on his arm.

day 17

"h-huh?" still sleepy and confised, he looked around tiredly, just to see mitsuri smiling at him.

he felt warm looking at her smile, but didn't show it.

"hello, mitsuri-sensei." he says as he uncross his arms and rest them on his thighs as he leans his head back to rest on the train window pane. he glances at her sideways, waiting for some sorr of reaction.

she giggled a little as he just smiles.

there it is. that trademark bright smile.

"today's new word is 'redamancy'!

"redamancy means an act of returning someone's love! KYAAA isn't that so nice??" mitsrui squealed as she blushes.

to her surprise, obanai was not listening, his eyes were closed, he went back to sleep.

mitsuri lets out a sigh.

"why are you so tired today obanai-kun?" she says, teasing him.

"i had to...do something yesterday." his tone dropped as he recalls the unpleasant memories of kabukicho street.

"oh..." mitsuri knew something was up by his tone, but she didn't want to pester him. she glance down to see him fidgeting with something in his hoodie pocket.

"do they...still bully you?" he asked, worried.

"nope!" she replies.

obanai's gives a genuine smile, sensing that she didn't lie.

what date is it today?

she suddenly got an idea.

"ne ne, obanai-kun, tonight there's a festival!! let's go together!!" mitsuri takes her phone out and types something, then shows obanai a website of a festival information.

just as obanai was about to blindly agree, his eyes landed on the location the festival was going to be held.

that's near kabukicho street...

"hate to break it to you but that's near a really dangerous street." he mumbles coldly.

"kabukicho? it's okay! they say there will be lots of police there!"

"i...they are after ME." he rolls his eyes and points at himself.

"o-oh! r-right..." mitsuri just realized.

obanai looked away, he didn't want to see that sad face of hers that always made his stomach turn in anger. especially when he's the one who made her sad.

instead, his actions didn't match up with his words.

"i mean...it's NEAR kabukicho street, not AT kabukicho so...i think we're fine." he grumbled.

"yes! meet me at the festival entrance!" mitsuri cheered quietly as some of the people on the train looks at her funny, she points her pinky towards him.