a harmful white lie

"yes, so would, should and could are used in different ways. 'would' is more of considering, 'should' is more of saying 'its a better option i should go for that' and 'could' is more of 'you can but you can choose not to'. do you understand?" mitsuri points a little at the white exercise page.

obanai didn't reply and thought to himself a little. mitsuri waits a little and smiles when obanai nods.

day 18.

"yep! so that's it for our 7 a.m. english lessons!" mitsuri stands up as the announcement announce that the train will be reaching her station.

obanai nods, smiling a little under his mask, though his eyes were still a little lifeless.

she smiles and waves as she exits the train.

watching her retreating figure, iguro smiles a little.

"m-mitsuri..." she looks back, the train door slowly closing.

"thank you." the door closes after rhe small whisper.

mitsuri smiles to herself and walks towards the direction of her school.

iguro clicks his tongue.

i have nothing much to do...

my train station it is.

mitsuri walks nervously along the corridors, hand clutching on her bag tightly.

she hates gazes from people, hates whispers that she never manages to hear.

it always made her felt insecure not knowing what people would talk about her. her inhumanly skinny body, or judge her choice of hair colour, or the fact that she was the daughter of the kanroji's.

sometimes, she isnt even sure if they were talking about her. she would often accidentally bump into someone while she was getting close to them, in attempt to eavesdrop on their conversation to make sure it wasn't about her.

she was so, so insecure. if they were, in fact, whispering about her, she would immediately change. if they were talking about her dirty shoes, she would change them into clean ones the next day.

mitsuri understood, that changing small stuff about her appearance did not matter, since none of them would ever pay attention to her afterwards. and that was exactly what she wanted.

she hated attention. she hated the fake kindness people would show her in school calling her 'kanroji-chan, kanroji-chan' and mock her in every way possible.

she even begged her parents to not put any information about her online to stop rumours.

why was she born with this illness?

why is her body so skinny?

why is she a kanroji?

im not kanroji. im not kanroji. my name is mitsuri, mitsuri. my name is mitsuri!

o

that tempura just now was good as hell, i should-

obanai's thoughts were cut off by the sound of girlish giggling.

"ne ne, i heard that senpai was all scared today too! sakura-senpai was like 'kanroji-chan, kanroji-chan, can i borrow some money?' then she immediately shoved her 2000 yen! hahaha she's so easy to fool!" obanai couldn't help but eavesdrop , since they were loud, very, to obanai.