{4} First Day

⋆ ⋆ ⋆

⋆ ⋆ ⋆

Today was the day of the entrance exams, and Suzume had prepared the twin's breakfast in advance. After having her own breakfast and changing into the appropriate outfit for the exams, she left them a note to inform them about her short absence.

'I'm gonna be out for a bit because of the entrance exams, and I have already made your breakfast. I won't be back until afternoon so do me a favour and clean the house today. Don't kill each other, and also, cook the rice for lunch.

Behave.

Suzu.'

She then left the house and made her way to Inarizaki HIgh. When she reached her destination, she could see that the place was slightly crowded. Of course, Inarizaki was a popular high school of choice; the facilities were the opposite of subpar, and the teaching was definitely effective. But Suzume couldn't shake the fact that some of the people who applied (especially the girls) only decided to attend the school because of the twins. She walked to the desk outside the school and checked herself in by saying her name to the adult who stood there.

Suzume was given the classroom she was situated in. She then walked into the building to find the said room, finding it easily in 3 minutes. Standing in front of the class door, she took a look at the sign outside to confirm and slid open the door. Immediately, the gazes of those already seated landed on Suzume. The attention made her want to crawl up into a ball, but she couldn't afford to have a panic attack in front of so many people. She took a deep breath, and sat on the seat in the far corner of the room.

A teacher then came in a few moments after she arrived, and briefly discussed the system of the tests and marking. He then handed out 4 separate exam sheets, and gave the signal for the students to start. Flipping the paper, she picked up her pen and began to analyse the questions before answering. Viewing the question for barely 5 seconds, she started to write down her answer, moving on to the next question and the next in a fast pace.

'This is way too easy, are we really gonna learn stuff like this in high school?'

After breezing through the tests, she set her pen back down and collected the papers in a quiet manner, trying to not to distract the others and attracting anymore attention. Suzume peered at the other students, and realised she was the first to finish the tests. Even the teacher was surprised at how fast she was able to answer the questions. She took a look at her watch and decided to lay her head down on her arms for the time being.

Eventually, the teacher signaled the students to stop writing. After the he collected the papers and dismissed the students, he exited the room. Almost everyone groaned, some in relief while others in disappointment. As soon as possible, Suzume stood up and walked out of the room, not wanting to be inside there any longer.

⋆ ⋆ ⋆

Upon arriving home, she decided to announce her arrival.