{9} Under The Moonlight

⋆ ⋆ ⋆

⋆ ⋆ ⋆

Suzume stared as Osamu emptied yet another bowl or ramen. She was halfway through her own bowl but her grey haired brother was already on his third.

"Samu, slow down, ya might get indigestion," Suzume warned him, but her attempts were useless as he completely ignored her.

She turned to Oomimi sitting next to her and whispered to him, "Does he usually eat this much when y'all go out for dinner?"

Omimi looked at Osamu slurping down his noodles, "Yeah... he'll probably get another bowl."

Suzume sighed, but she left him to be. At least they exercised a lot that day, so he must have burned out a lot of his energy. Once Suzume finished her food, she looked up some bookstores nearby. 

She found a recommended store with high ratings and scooted over to the coach, "Hey coach, can I check out a bookstore nearby? Please?"

Coach Kurosu thought about it for a minute, "Sure, but ya need someone to go with you."

"It's only a kilometer away?"

"Still, yer 16. And it's gettin' sorta late, it's safer to have someone go with ya."

Suzume sighed, "Sure, I think I'll take only an hour or so."

When she faced the boys, Osamu immediately raised his hand. He stacked his bowls and pushed them aside, and walked over to Suzume. She looped her arm around his and together, they walked out of the restaurant. As they step out of the buliding, Suzume looked back at Akagi sulking as he eats his food.

'Something's wrong...'

"Do ya know the way back to the dorms?" Osamu asked Suzume uncertainly as she located the store.

"Yeah, I do," she began to drag Osamu with him in a direction.

"So, how many books do ya plan on gettin'?"

"Ya know it's always ten at a time, I've done that for years."

Osamu hummed. They took a turn and walked for a bit more, until they saw the bookstore across the street. They crossed the street, and entered the bookstore. Suzume's eyes sparkled when she saw the books on display, libraries were her safe heaven.

She cheerfully skipped along the shelves, her fingers trailing the books. She found the fiction section and she read the titles, finding any that perked her interest. Suzume spotted a book with a blue cover, she took it out. She found the summary at the back and read it, to decide if the book suited her taste. She carefully placed it in her basket. After some time of browsing, she finally picked out her ten books

As she qued at the cashier, she spotted a familiar person in front of her. Suzume tapped him softly on the shoulder, and he turned around.

"Miya-san?" he asked with surprise present in his tone.