{12} First Step

⋆ ⋆ ⋆

⋆ ⋆ ⋆

Various voices sounded through Suzume's ears at once. It was a usual day for Inarizaki's Volleyball Club manager, chaos in every aspect of the job. Already pushing away all thoughts of efforts to calm down the rowdy boys, she nonchalantly munched on an onigiri.

Shortly after, they arrived at the venue, where the schools located in Hyogo met to qualify for the Interhigh Nationals. The teams varied in skill, numbers, height, but they had only one thing in common. They wanted to snatch the ticket to the nationals.

All eyes landed on the team once they walked in. Their presence immediately made the rest intimidated. Whispers bounced off the closed walls, all for two reasons. One being that they were the contenders most likely to advance to the nationals, and two being that they had a manager, a female manager.

"Wait, since when did they have a manager?"

"She's probably a first year, but I didn't expect them to actually get a manager,"

"But ya can't deny it, she's a real beauty~"

Glares were immediately sent towards their way, glares from the twins. Those who received their glares started shivering in fear and whipped around to avoid being chewed out by them. The second years subconsciously formed a protective circle around Suzume, who remained completely oblivious of her newly found bodyguards.

They entered the waiting room, and Omimi took the initiative to switch on the lights. The coaches gathered the team for a brief meeting.

"We still have about two and a half hours before our game starts, so we'll let ya explore the stadium a bit," Coach Kurosu started.

"Do whatever ya want, but come back twenty minutes before the match begins," Coach Oomi finished the elder's sentence.

The team hummed in understanding before they split off to form groups. Suzume's usual friend group consisted of Osamu, Atsumu, Suna, and Ginjima. So she stuck to the second years.

They checked out various vendors, some selling merchandise and light snacks. Unable to resist the twins' pleading eyes, she purchased two portions of takoyaki for the entire friend group to share. But of course, the twins ended up eating most of the food.

Two hours passed with them venturing in the stadium, during the period, they bought merchandise and watched some matches, which Atsumu dubbed to be worthy of their attention. And as usual, they waved it off calling out his overly prideful personality.

Suzume received a notification from her phone.

【𝚒𝙽-𝚊𝚁𝚒𝙰𝚗𝙰-𝚣𝙰𝚌𝙺-𝚔𝙴𝚢 𝚟𝚋𝚌】

Momma Key-Tah
Could yall get back to the waiting room, our match starts in 30

2nd Year's only living braincell
Oh ok give us 10 mins we'll be back