{16} New Encounters

⋆ ⋆ ⋆

⋆ ⋆ ⋆

Waking from her slumber, Suzume stirred as her eyes slowly opened, the lights seeping through the uncovered window and blinding her. With both twins leaning their heads on her shoulders, still fast asleep, she reached out to her phone to check the time.

She groaned, '9:48, I slept at 5:30 or something, well fuck.'

Suzume carefully slipped their unmoving heads off her, and she got up. She quickly snatched her purse laying on the dining table, and trudged out of the house. Careful to lock the door, she finally left the compound to purchase breakfast.

On her short trip to Olive Cafe, Suzume encountered an unexpected situation. Walking down the descending road connecting her neighbourhood to the shopping lots, a dog with a leash dangling from its collar zoomed past her.

Following her perplexed expression, a person ran after it, shouting irritatedly, "God damn it! C'mere you little shit!"

"..." Suzume brushed off the absurd occurrence, and went about with her day.

Opening the door to the shop, she politely greeted the cashier, "Good morning."

Fitted in her uniform and with a black and simple apron, the worker bowed and greeted Suzume back, "Welcome to Olive Cafe- Eh- You're the k-kind lady from yesterday-"

"Um... Could I order a large hot latte, medium iced espresso with twelve pumps of syrup, a medium mocha please, and... a croissant please?" Suzume listed out her order, pausing in between to grasp a hold on her memory.
(I do not know how ordering coffee works)

"A-An espresso this time? And w-with twelve pumps of s-syrup too..." the cashier chuckled in between stutters.

This earned a tiny giggle from Suzume, "Ah, yesterday. The grey-haired twin claimed that the level of sweetness was too mild, but please don't mind his wild tastebuds."

"Ya mean... Miya Osamu?" the girl hesitated.

"Eh- Y'know him?" Suzume inquired.

"U-uh- Yeah, he and Atsumu are r-really popular in the school I attend... But I suppose t-their presence becomes a slight inconvenience at t-times..."

"Huh, I never expected someone else not bein' a crazy fangirl of them."

"O-Oh- I'm sorry! I didn't mean to say that I d-dislike them-" she flushed, now grateful that the cafe is empty.

"Nah, I don't mind if someone says that they despise the twins. And I understand where yer comin' from. My name is Miya Suzume, what is yours?"

"H-Higuchi Kaede... EH?! Miya Suzume? That means yer attendin' Inarizaki too- A-and..."

"Oh yer a student there too? Man... what a pleasant surprise, but how did y'know just from my name?"

"O-Oh, it's j-just that yer really famous among t-the Inarizaki students too! I often hear yer name m-mentioned with my classmates..."