Ch. 4

Adrien opened his eyes as his timer let off a loud beep. He shot up, looking around in confusion. There's supposed to be danger. He thought. Where'd it go? Then, like a tsunami, it all came back to him.

He turned off the alarm clock and sat wide-eyed on the bed. He had to fix everything, today. Plagg flew over to him with a big yawn.

"Plagg, what's today's date?"

Plagg shrugged, an annoyed expression crossing his face. "How would I know? I do know that I need some camembert for my growling stomach."

Adrien sighed, then an idea struck him. He reached for his phone and clicked it on. It was Saturday. Today's the day Dad's final plan goes into motion. We have to stop him! Adrien put his phone in his pocket and decided he'd go visit Marinette. It was the best way to get in touch with Ladybug afterall.

"Plagg, claws out!"

"This early? Ahh!" Plagg whined as he vanished into Adrien's miraculous. He transformed, opened the window, and skipped rooftops until he reached Marinette's place.

She was still sleeping peacefully. She looks so cute when she's asleep. Cat Noir thought. He shook his head. Time is of the essence. He knocked on her window, and she let out a soft snore. Cat Noir smiled. So adorable... final battle, right! He knocked on her window again, louder this time, and she sleepily opened her eyes. She stretched and turned over, her blue bell eyes roaming the room without a care in the world. Cat Noir almost envied her, but at the same time he felt sorry. He was about to ruin her blissful ignorance.

As her eyes landed on her window, a crease appeared between her brows. She got up and covered a yawn as she made her way to the window. She opened it. A slight breeze came through, gently ruffling her pigtails.

"Cat Noir?" She asked. He smiled. Marinette always made him smile.

"I know it's early, sorry about that. Do you want to go sit for a bit on your balcony? It's a beautiful morning."

"Sure." She said sleepily. He climbed through her window, and they crawled through the trap door and up onto her balcony.

The cool breeze seemed to wake her up. She smiled and leaned over the railing, looking down at the busy city below.

Cat Noir sat down on the railing. "So what have you been up to?"

She shrugged. "Not much. You?"

This is my chance to tell her, but I still have to make sure she doesn't know that I know. "Um, well..." He trailed off, hoping to get her attention. It worked.

"What?" She asked.

"It's nothing." Cat Noir tried to shrug it off.

"Come on, tell me. Your secret's safe with me."

He gazed at her determined eyes. "You know your friend, Adrien?"

She nodded.

"He managed to get in touch with me, and he told me he's going to spy on his Dad, Hawk Moth."

Marinette gasped. "That's too dangerous! What if Mr. Agreste finds out?"

"He won't." Cat Noir reassured her. He hated to see her worried. "He's being very careful."

"Yeah, but still."

"Well, he figured out a bunch of stuff, but I can't really tell you. You know, Ladybug and super heroey stuff and all that. I just want to keep you safe, and making sure you don't know anything puts me one step closer to reaching that goal."

Marinette reluctantly nodded. Cat Noir hopped down from the railing. "I gotta go, Princess. I need to try to find Ladybug so I can tell her all this stuff as well."

"How are you going to find her?" Marinette asked.

"I'm going to call her and ask her to meet me over there." Cat Noir pointed to a rooftop a few blocks away. "If she doesn't answer I guess I'll have to try something else."

Marinette nodded, her eyes were glazed over as if she was deep in thought.

"I'll see you later, Princess."

"Right, sorry. See you later, Kitty."

They awkwardly stood there a moment. Neither one of them was sure what to do, so Cat Noir eventually settled on an awkward wave before he turned and jumped off of the balcony. Time for you to do your part, Milady.