Ch. 18

Adrien cautiously entered his house. Cat Noir had escorted Emilie and Gabriel back to their house earlier, and he reassured them that Adrien would be returning soon. Marinette had vanished after the battle to go check on her parents. A few minutes later Ladybug had mysteriously appeared to collect the other miraculous.

Adrien took a deep breath as he walked up the staircase. Emilie had told Cat Noir to tell Adrien to meet them in his room. He knew once he opened his bedroom door, nothing would ever be the same again. He had reached his bedroom, and his hand rested on the handle.

He slowly turned it and pushed the door open. His parents were cuddling on the couch, whispering sweet nothings in each others' ears. When they heard the door open, they turned to him.

Adrien smiled uncomfortably; he wasn't exactly sure what to do. Emilie got up and walked over to him. Her steps were small and shaky, evidence that she was weak, and her usually bright face was pale.

"Adrien?" She whispered. Adrien didn't have many memories of his mother. Because of that her voice always sounded different in his head, but somehow her real voice managed to be a wonderful mixture of all of those. It was strong and determined yet gentle, and it was also sweet but not quite angelic.

"Mom." Adrien whispered. Emilie enveloped him in a hug.

"My beautiful boy! I love you." She ran her fingers through his hair and kissed his cheek. "I love you." She said again.

"I love you too, Mom." Adrien was crying, but it was tears of joy. He finally had his mom.

He pulled away and looked into her eyes. They were still bright and green, just like his.

Emilie beamed at him. "You look so grown up! I'm sorry I couldn't be there for you when you needed me."

"It's okay." He said. "You're here now. That's what matters." They held each other tightly, each second making up for the years missed. Adrien felt jubilant. He was dating the girl he loved. His father had given up evil, and his mother was here, holding him in her arms. Adrien couldn't have been happier.