Prologue

🥱 PSA/Warning ‼️ (bc obviously there's a problem) Y/n stutters

🥱 PSA/Warning ‼️
(bc obviously there's a problem) Y/n stutters. It's part of the story. It's part of their character. It'll make sense once you've read the story. Trust the process. Thank you for coming to my ted talk :)

Wells is dead. Octavia is missing. We landed on the ground not too long ago and Raven Reyes came down from the Arc. I met her once before on the Arc and haven't really talked to her again. Haven't yet spoken to her now, here on the ground. Everyone seems so...busy. So I keep to myself.

Clarke checks in on me when she can. Usually if she passes by me. Other than that I'm usually left alone and keep to myself. Though Clarke has made it very clear I'm not to leave camp. But everyone else gets to leave. It's really not fair. And I've tried to go. Trust me, I have. But every time, Clarke gets the final say. Why? I'm not entirely sure, but that's just how it is around here.

"Y/N! Come here!" I hear Raven's voice shout. I pick up my head from my journal, I had been writing and drawing in. There I'm met with Raven frantically trying to figure out the radio situation. "Y/N?"

I nod my head quickly and grab my backpack, sliding the journal and pens inside. When I finish I get out of the hammock and walk over to the olive skinned girl. She messes with buttons and wires and soon stops, hitting the radio hard. I stand back, observing till she turns in her seat, our eyes locking.

"Can you go find Clarke for me?" She asks as I nod my head up and down. She nods back, turning around continuing to work. A soft sigh escapes my lips as I turn and go out of the ship. There I'm met with the bright sun and everybody working hard. Building, doing ration count or guarding the walls. I let my eyes wander a bit before noticing Clarke coming towards me. She walks up the drop ship and stops, standing beside me.

"Doing alright?" She asks, crossing her arms over her chest. I nod my head up and down, watching everyone on the outside.

"Yeah, I'm fine. But Raven needs you," I say, pointing inside the drop ship. The blonde nods and places her hand on my shoulder, patting it twice.

"If you need anything, just ask alright?" I nod at her words before we both hear a thump coming from inside the drop ship. Both of us jump, turning and looking inside. Clarke pats my shoulder once more before entering the ship. I stay where I am though, looking out to everyone once again. My eyes training on the guards by all the exits. Memorizing all the guards even though I know shifts change soon in like an hour. I still like to know who's working.

"Clarke! Get Clarke!" Someone shouts, taking me out of my thoughts. I looked up and saw the gate opening just as Clarke and Raven come running out of the drop ship. They run past me and to the gate. At this point everyone was focused on what was happening rather than working. Yet as everyone went towards the gate I stayed where I was, shoving my hands into my jacket pockets before seeing Octavia all bloody and limping. But my eyes widen even farther when I was met with Bellamy carrying Finn.