six >>> green eyes

The dark night sky is peaceful

The dark night sky is peaceful. Few stars are seen here tonight in Polis. I keep my eyes high above leaning against the balcony railing. Bits and pieces of moments of me and Lexa replay through my mind. It cut me off guard when she kissed me. I didn't expect it, but I guess it makes sense. From the soft glances. Not allowing me to return to my people. Not killing me even though she wants my people dead... It makes sense...somewhat. 

"Y/N?" I jump at my name pushing myself off of the railing, turning quickly. There I'm met with Lexa's eyes. A blank expression is spread across her face as she stares back at me. 

"Hey," I answer gently. Lexa pushes herself up off of the wall she leaned against. She walked towards me, standing beside me. My eyes follow her till I find her looking out into the dimly lit city of Polis. Slowly, I follow tearing my eyes from the girl looking to the city. There my eyes see few grounders wondering the streets. It's nothing like when the sun's out and awake. 

"We shouldn't of done that," Lexa speaks. 

"But we did." I keep my eyes straight ahead as does Lexa. I cup my hands together, messing with my fingers. My eyes look among the sky, admiring the stars. Flashes of Lexa cross my mind. Her lips upon my skin...I can still feel them now. 

"Right..." Lexa's voice trails off a moment then continues. "Your bag is on the floor next to the bed along with the...pencil." 

I nod my head, remaining silent. I glance down to my hands continuing to mess with my fingers. "Thank you," I finally speak, keeping my eyes on my fingers. I could feel Lexa's eyes on me then, so I slowly turn my head meeting the young girl's eyes. But I let my eyes wonder seeing how Lexa's hair wasn't braided back. It was down, completely and all of it was pulled to the side. She didn't wear all her armor like she would when I'd see her. She also didn't have the war paint around her eyes. The girl was even more beautiful than from before. 

"Why are you thanking me?" 

"For the pencil..." I let my voice trail off seeing Lexa nod her head up an down. Yet she didn't pull her eyes away from mine. 

"Your drawings seem important to you." 

"Yeah...They are." 

"May I ask why?" My eyes widen a bit. Nobody's never really asked me why I started drawing or why it's important. It made me...happy to finally be asked yet at the same time, a little sad. I tear my eyes away from Lexa a moment, looking out into the night letting a soft, shaky sigh escape my lips. 

"My father and mother...They got me the journal and then supplies-" I pause a moment still feeling Lexa's eyes on my side profile. "I was frustrated when I first began, but my father began teaching me." 

"Teaching you?" Lexa asks, confused like. 

I nod my head, glancing down to the ground watching a grounder down below, walking the lonely street. "He showed me how to draw a horse. Up on the Arc we were told stories of horses and how people cared for them. When I came down to the ground and saw one...I couldn't believe my eyes. So I drew it. And anytime I look back through it I think of my father...He would've loved it."