nineteen >>> favor

Glistening lights high above

Glistening lights high above. The sound of grounders down below. I keep my eyes on the twinkling stars with my pencil in my hand. I got distracted, but that's nothing new. The journal that sets n my lap stays wide open to a page I've been working on for the past couple of hours. It was of Lexa when I woke up in her bed six days ago. And what continues to happen every now and then. I'm mostly in her room when she is and I do prefer to be with her, in her room. But every now and then I like going to my own room just to have some down time, to gather my thoughts. It's usually more peaceful and a better view from my room rather Lexa's. Which is odd, but it is what it is. 

"You are drawing me again," Lexa's voice speaks up gently. I jump at the sound of her voice and turn glancing up and locking our eyes. I see a small smile against her lips as she looks to my journal. I nod my head slowly. 

"Um yeah..." I let my voice trail. Why? I'm not sure but I did. And I let my eyes follow Lexa's as she steps out onto the balcony and stand up tall looking out into the distance. Slowly, I look away and close the journal stuffing it into the bag. 

"You don't need to stop Y/N," Lexa said, causing me to stop. I look to her seeing her still looking straight ahead. 

"But you're here," I whisper, looking away and continuing to pack my stuff up. There's a silence that takes over the two of us, a comfortable one. It's always comfortable between us. Well except for in the beginning. 

"Can I ask you something?" Lexa questions. I zip my back up and set it off to the side looking to the commander. She's already looking to me and I nod, slowly. "Do you miss them?" 

"Miss who?" I ask, standing up brushing myself off. 

"Skaikru." I tilt my head to the side at the girl, confused as to why she would ask that. But I only nod my head at her question. 

"I mean yeah...They're my people but-" 

"But what?" 

"You're my people too, Lexa." Silence takes over the two of us again but I can't help but notice the smile that tugs on Lexa's lips. 

"So is that why you've been struggling in training?" Lexa asks and all I can do is clench my aw. A soft, barely audible sigh escapes my lips as I walk past the girl and lean against the railing. My eyes looking out to the world. 

"No." It's all I say, letting my eyes roam. Within a couple seconds I can see Lexa by my side, putting her hands on the railing. 

"Then what is it?" 

I shake my head and say, "It's nothing. I'll do better tomorrow." But I can feel the girl's green eyes stare at my side profile. I shift in my position and drop my head. 

"You have to trust me with things. If something is bothering you-" 

"I don't want to talk about it Lexa." I cut the girl off,, not understanding why I won't just tell her. "It's nothing. Just a rough day-"