twenty six >>> Semet

Drums echo through the room

Drums echo through the room. I keep my arms crossed over my chest looking at the mountain man tied to some post. He was already bloody and bruised from Ice Nation. And now Clarke was to kill him. A soft, unsteady sigh escapes my lips as I tear my eyes away from him and to the door as it opens up. There two grounders enter first followed by Lexa and then another grounder behind her. I clench my jaw watching her as she walks in and eyes the mountain man. Soon she walks up the few steps to her throne and stands. Her green eyes begin to scan the room and briefly lands on mine. She nods and I nod back looking away and to the ground.

"Oso kom op together nat as Oso yu don countless times fou gon ai raun a hef wan op...Wanheda(We come together tonight as we have countless times before to watch a man die...Wanheda)," Lexa speaks bending a bit and pulling out a knife. She hands it off to one of the guards and walks towards the man, holding out the weapon. My eyes shift to Clarke who walks down and to the mountain man.

Her eyes linger on him before glancing to the knife. We all stand in silence awaiting for what's to come next. I shift in the position I stand in, clenching my jaw. My eyes remain on Clarke's as she doesn't go for the knife.

"No!" She finally speaks, looking around. I furrow my brows confused. I think we all were. "I don't know if your death would bring me peace. I just know I don't deserve it."

Quickly Titus walks down and stands next to the mountain man, looking to Clarke. "This man must die," he said, then adds. "If Skaikru will not do it then Heda will."

"Heda will speak for herself," Lexa speaks. "Enough Titus."

"What the hell is this?" The mountain questions.

"I wouldn't be killing you for what you've done rather for what I've done-" Clarke pauses and shifts up her head. "Ai huk op Disha hef Em life.  Jus nou drien jus daun (I give this man his life. Blood must not have blood)."

Clarke glances to me and nods. I don't move instead the mountain man begins to scream. He was angry. He wanted to die yet he doesn't get that option no more. A heavy but low breathe escapes me as I glance to Lexa. Her eyes stay focused on the mountain man while murmurs and whispers began to scatter.

"Hosh up (Silence!)" Lexa shouted, causing everyone to go quiet. I tear my eyes away from her and back to Clarke rather quickly. "Fotones kom maun cannot na answered by won hef (The crimes of the Mountain cannot be answered by one man). Her actions today show us that we are on a new path! A path of which our legacy will be peace. Where our children and their children will flourish without the shadow of death!"

Everyone's silent. My eyes stay on Clarke's as she glances from Lexa to myself. I shake my head and look away from her and back to commander.

"This prisoner is banished from my land. He will live, but he will live with the ghosts of those he has lost. Haunted until the end of his days by the knowledge that he... is the last of his kind," Lexa speaks looking at the back of the prisoner. Clarke steps forwards to the man and I see her lips move, but I don't have a clue of what she whispers to him. But there's an intense amount of tension that fills the room from the two of them. Yet not long lived as Clarke turns on her heels and exits the room followed by two grounders. After she leaves the other grounders in the room begin to pile out. I stay where I am noticing Titus looking to Lexa. They share few words before Titus quickly exits shaking his head. I roll my eyes and feel a hand on my shoulder.