Chapter 10: New beginnings

Mary's pov:

I paced around the kitchen while finishing up dinner. I kept thinking on what I was going to say to Jack once he got back home. We only had been dating for a few months and even though to me I knew he was the one, what if he didn't feel the same? Many negative thoughts filled my head and I collapsed onto a chair scared for the future. I may be the practically perfect Mary Poppins but I still had my flaws. I loved Jack very much and I hoped that he felt the same. I was of course joyful when I found out about the baby in my stomach, I mean my whole life is dedicated to bringing light into children's lives, having my own was a blessing. 

I heard to door open to which I got up and continued making dinner. I kept quiet hoping that Jack wouldn't notice me. 

"Mary?" I heard him call my name "Mary?" he called again hoping to get a response which didn't come.

He went upstairs and I took a deep breath while leaning against the counter. My plan was to sit him on the couch and we could discuss our plans for the future. I mean I didn't even know if Jack wanted children. He was always kind and loving towards children but that didn't mean he wanted children. I took another deep breathe and told myself that I was just over-reacting. Jack was the kindest most loving person that I know, well except for me of course. 

 My thoughts were interrupted by Jack entering the kitchen. "There you are Mary! Why didn't you answer me earlier?" I turned around to see Jack at the doorway with a confused.

He walked towards me and grabbed my hands as I looked up at home I could see that he was truly worried. I felt like I was about to hurl so I turned around and did into the trash can.

"Mary! Are ya okay?" Jack asked concerned as he rubbed my back and handed me a cloth.

"Yeah I just um- I need to talk to you Jack" when I turned around Jack had a very grim face which scared me even more. Did he know? What is he going to say? Is he going to leave me? I sat him down and I grabbed both his hands and caressing them softly. 

"Is everything alright Mary?" He asked, at this point the amount of fear in his eyes was making me want to jump out the window. 

"Do you need to go to the doc-"

"I'm expecting Jack"

We both sat in silence for awhile which scared me and made tears fall. He scooted forward and finally said something.

"Are you serious?" He asked

"Yes" I said quietly

He got up and started jumping around like a child on Christmas.

"This is great! A child Mary A child!" He kept yelling as he jumped around the kitchen. I laughed and wiped away the tears that were now being replaced with tears of joy. He finally stopped and took something out of his pocket. I got worried hoping he hadn't changed his mind. He turned around a got on one knee. I already knew what was going to happen.

"Mary Poppins, I know it hasn't been very long since I first met ya but when I did I fell very in love with ya. Mary Poppins would you accept this ring and marry-" I stood up and kissed him on his soft lips.

"Of course"

___

A/n: Thank you for reading this story! It was incredibly fun to write and don't forget to check out my others ;)

-Rosielle <3