7

Rafael's P.O.V.

"Figure it the fuck out!", I barked, "Don't make me handle it."

"Yes sir." I hung up and sighed, turning around to find Zayn in the doorway.

"Hey. Hey. How was school?", I asked, calming down.

"Um I-I can have Grayson come get me if-"

"No, of course not kid. It was for work and work is over now. Let's get home." He nodded a little as we went towards the elevator. I stopped a few doors from it, my eyes landing on Cody.

"Rafael-"

"One more step and I swear to fucking god you won't be walking out of this building.", I snapped, nudging Zayn to keep walking.

"Please. You're my best friend."

"I was. Maybe. But after what you did to my fucking sister? You're dead to me. And you're lucky you're not actually dead. Don't fucking contact any of us again. You'll hear from my lawyers." I stormed off to the elevator with Zayn, letting out a breath as the doors closed.

"Are you mad?", he whispered.

"Furious. But not with you." He nodded a little, moving over and hugging me. I sighed, relaxing in the embrace, "You're sure school was okay? You seem a little off kiddo." He nodded slightly, stepping back and handing me a piece of paper. I opened it, finding a note from the principal about Zayn being suspended for cheating on a test. "Zayn, what were you thinking?", I sighed.

"I'm sorry. I wanted to get my grade up. I-I did it the wrong way. I'm really sorry."

"We'll talk at home kid."

"Yes sir."

Zayn's P.O.V.

WHACK! WHACK! WHACK! WHACK! WHACK!

"Dad please!", I cried, my whole body going numb at the word. Fuck. Could I call him that? Was that okay? What if it wasn't? What if-

"C'mere.", Rafael whispered, pulling me up from the bed and hugging me tightly, "I forgive you. I love you."

"I-I'm sorry."

"It's okay.", he chuckled, "I promise." He sat on the bed, pulling me into his lap and hugging me tightly, "I love you."

"I-I love you too dad."

□□□□

"Dad?", I called.

"Yeah?", he asked, turning around from the stove smiling.

"Can I ditch school?"

"Uhh why?" I hesitated,

"I-I just really don't wanna go." He didn't say anything for a few seconds as I shook my head, "N-Nevermind. I'm being dumb.", I said leaving. I went back upstairs to my room, glancing at my outfit from yesterday... and the day before... "Whatever.", I muttered, grabbing my bag and going back downstairs. I walked through the now empty kitchen, finding dad in the living room in sweatpants. "Uhh, what are you doing? We have to leave in like five minutes."

"Nah. We're not going today."

"What? Dad you have to go to work and I have to go to school. We have responsibilities. Are you sure you're the parent?"

"Pretty sure.", he said before getting serious, looking from the T.V. to me, "Zayn, you've been wearing those clothes for three days. You shouldn't look ten times more exhausted than me but you do. You need a day off sometimes too kid. Come sit." I smiled a little, flopping onto the couch next to him,