9

Zayn's P.O.V.

"Thanks for coming to get me."

"Anytime. You know that kid.", Braxton said softly.

"I just- dad has been really stressed out and I wanted to talk to you before I told him."

"I get it. Picking you up from school is better than picking Landon up from jail."

"You had to get Landon from jail? Why?"

"He was driving after drinking."

"What!? Is he hurt?"

"No, thank god. Besides what I did to him."

"What'd you do?", I asked. He glanced at me,

"I didn't hurt him kid. I spanked him. And will continue until he can drive again. Which could be three months or six depending on his behavior." I nodded a little as we pulled into the driveway. I walked inside as Landon came down the stairs.

"You're so fucking stupid.", I muttered hugging him.

"Yeah, I know.", he laughed a little.

◇◇◇◇

"Zayn, why are you panicking?", dad asked over the phone.

"I-I'm not panicking." I paused, "How'd you know?"

"I know you. What's wrong? Need help hiding a body or something?"

"Yes."

"Haha. What's wrong?"

"I'm not joking. Unless you want this hotel to go under, get to the third floor."

◇◇◇◇

"Alex Cordell committed suicide."

"How do you know?", a reporter asked.

"I found Alex hanging in his room.", I said softly, "He'd hung himself. He was having some marital problems and had lost his job. I should have paid more attention."

"It's not on you kid.", dad said softly before turning back to the media, "This public statement is over. If you'll excuse us, we have a hotel to run."

"You tend to speak like your son also owns the hotels.", a reporter said. Dad shrugged,

"He does."

◇◇◇◇

"You okay?"

"I...I don't know.", I laughed, "I feel like I should have listened more. I know it's not my fault, I still feel like it is."

"I know kiddo. But it isn't." I nodded a little. Alex had been basically living at the hotel for a few months. His wife won full custody of his kids two days ago. "Is there anything I can do to help?" I paused,

"I'm not trying to con you or anything, but could we stay here tonight?"

"You with Zavier, I assume?" I nodded. He sighed, "Yes. But I'll be down the hall if you need me." I nodded,

"Thanks dad."

"But... warn me beforehand. I think I'll have Della over."

"Gross."

Jaxx's P.O.V.

"Jaxx, you need to just let her cry it out.", Braxton said for at least the billionth time.

"I'm not gonna fucking do that okay!?", I snapped, bouncing Gracie gently, "I-I'm not gonna leave her to cry alone in her crib when I'm right fucking here Braxton! It's my job to fix things and I'm gonna fix this too."