01. UNBOWED, UNBENT, UNBROKEN

┌────── ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☀︎ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ──────┐

UNBOWED, UNBENT, UNBROKEN

└────── ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☀︎ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ──────┘

NYMERIA MARTELL

THE DORNISH SUN MADE HER GLEAM, tanning her already brown skin a darker color as she moved through the sands beneath her, swiping the spear toward Obara's feet, catching the older girl off-guard slightly, but not enough to cause her to give up her position. Obara retaliated with a swipe of the blade, the steel snagging her shoulder, blood pulsing from the wound.

"That's not fair," Nymeria teased, the two girls circling each other again, sweat dripping down her face, cooling her down as the sun rays beat down on her, head pulsing and eyes itching.

Obara smirked at her cousin's remark, arcing the daggers toward Nymeria, the latter raising the spear above her head, blocking the blow. "Who said I was fighting fair?" The older girl retorted.

Nymeria returned the smirk and used the shaft to push the older girl back, jabbing her chin with the blunt end, knocking her back.

Her foot collided with Obara's gut, knocking the wind out of her, causing the girl to fall to her knees, shock crossing her face. Nymeria stood proudly, pointed end of the spear facing the older girl, eyebrows raised in victory.

"You're right," Nymeria responded, "Who said we had to fight fair?"

The two of them shared a chuckle before Nymeria grabbed Obara's hand, helping her out of the unbearably hot sand. They unstrapped their sandals, seeking refuge underneath the makeshift tent while their toes sank into the red grains, warming and relaxing their tired feet while they reached for their waterskins.

"You're getting better," Obara panted, draining every last drop of her skin. Nymeria rolled her eyes. The girl didn't know when to stop. Always impatient. She took a big gulp of the once cold water, letting it dribble down her chin before pouring some into her hands, splashing it across her face, waking her up and cooling her off.

Nymeria scoffed at Obara's comment, "I beat you, I think I deserve a little more than "getting better"

Obara rolled her eyes, dark brown like her father's, "Whatever you want to think,"

Nymeria bit her lip, standing up and wiping the sweat from her brow. "Then how about another one?" She challenged, a thrill rushing through her veins at the thought. She loved a good spar. And Obara was always willing.