06. THE WALL

┌────── ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☀︎ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ──────┐

THE WALL 

└────── ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☀︎ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ──────┘

NYMERIA MARTELL

HER QUILL TAPPED against the parchment Lady Stark had laid out for her. Areo had convinced her to send a raven to Doran, explaining everything and to list where she was going in case she was stuck up North longer than expected.

Each raven took a month to send and a month to receive. The North was too isolated for them. She would be alone. A chill struck her bones and she stood up to stoke the fire. If it was this cold in Winterfell, she dreaded what it would be like at the Wall.

Nymeria had instructed Areo to sail back to Sunspear, a demand the Norvosi was unhappy to fulfill.

"There's nothing you can do this far north Areo," She had told him, trying to imitate the dismissive yet sympathetic gaze Doran always used, "I will take Ser Marwyn with me to the Wall, but I insist you head home, We both know how much you despise the snow,"

She had meant that last part as a jape, but they both knew the truth to it. Areo was loyal, to a fault really. He would give his life for any of them, and that chilled her more than the northern climate did.

She wouldn't let him freeze up here.

"I must insist upon my being there, Princess," Areo protested, his deep voice echoing off the walls, "Your Uncle sent me to protect you, I would not disobey him."

"My Uncle is not here," Nymeria frowned, trying to keep her emotions under wraps as she stamped the sigil of her house on grey and white wax, "And I can protect myself. My Uncle however, is in need of your services. Especially with his condition."

"My Princess, I—"

"There's nothing more to discuss," Nymeria shut the guard down, handing him the letter, her raised eyebrow indicating that she did not wish to discuss it any further, "Take this to Prince Doran when you reach Sunspear, up here a ship is far faster than a raven."

Areo reluctantly grabbed the letter, stuffing it in the pocket of his ochre velvet armor near his chest. Nymeria smiled gratefully at the man as she stood up, he knew he had no choice but to follow her orders. Invoking her Uncle's condition left a sour taste in her mouth, but she knew it needed to be done. He wouldn't leave otherwise, and she would not have him die here.