2

"Tharn!" Type shouted, putting his hand up in the air, when he spotted him walking towards the mall entrance from a distance. Tharn turned his head in the direction of Type's voice and broke into a smile when he saw him standing on the stairs with his hand raised to grab his attention. 

"Hey! Have you been waiting long?" He asked as he came to a stop in front of Type. Type, noticing how dapper Tharn looked in his casual clothes, looked down at himself, wearing a big shirt and slim fitted denims. He felt underdressed, even though they were practically wearing the same pieces; down to the white low tops. Tharn looked at Type in confusion at the lack of a reply from him. 

"I can't believe I have to spend a whole day with you," Type said looking at Tharn with disdain. Tharn contorted his face, puzzled at what Type meant. "Why? Have you changed your mind about wanting to get back in touch?" He asked, feeling a little hurt at the implication.

Type's mind snapped out of it when he saw the dejected look in Tharn's eyes and realised how Tharn must have misconstrued his words and mentally chided himself. "What I meant was, you look like a goddamn model. I'm going to be compared to you all day," Type said with a frustrated smile. Tharn's expression turned to one of bewilderment. "Type, we're literally wearing the same outfit," he said as he brought his foot next to Type to demonstrate how they were wearing the same shoes. Tharn noticed the glass wall behind Type and had a sudden idea. He turned Type around by his shoulder and made him look at their reflection. "We literally look the same, see?" He said, pointing from Type's reflection to himself. 

Type scrutinised the reflection. He saw that he stood as tall as Tharn. His shoulders and hips were narrower, but he didn't look too bad, and felt a little better about himself. He then looked up to see their faces and his confidence came crashing down when he saw the sharp angles of Tharn's face compared to the roundness of his. He had had enough and turned away, not wanting to see the cold reality the reflection held any further. 

"Yeah, whatever. Let's go," he said, taking large steps towards the entrance. Tharn followed him chuckling at Type's ludicrousness. Tharn couldn't understand if he was joking around. Anyone could see that Type was obviously very beautiful. 

°°°

"So how was the rest of school?" Tharn asked, putting on the bowling shoes next to Type. Type started thinking about his question, recalling the last few years of school. "How do you think it went? School always sucked. I'm glad it's over," Type said rolling his eyes. Tharn chuckled lightly, remembering how much school sucked for him too, and agreed with him.

"Why Computer Engineering?" Type asked, walking to their lane. Tharn followed after him and settled down on the bench. "I just really got into gaming in high school. I decided I wanted to make games because of how much joy it brought me. I want to give that same experience back to the generations that follow," Tharn said, pensively. Type turned his head to look at Tharn and smiled. "Smart and good looking. How could the rest of us mere mortals compete?" Type said exaggeratedly with a grin. 

Tharn rolled his eyes at the obvious sarcasm. "Whatever. Are you going to keep talking, or are we going to play?" He asked, pointing at the bowling balls. Type smiled with a nod and walked towards the lane to pick up a ball. 

"So are you dating anyone?" Type asked as Tharn walked back to get a drink of water from their table after his turn. Tharn raised his brows curiously at his question. "Why? Want to find out if I'm available?" He asked teasingly. Type turned a shade of red at how his mouth betrayed him again by not letting his brain process them before blurting those words out. Tharn, seeing his friend looking uncomfortable, started chuckling. "No, I was dating someone in school but we broke up over the summer. She moved overseas for college," Tharn said. Type turned to look at Tharn, feeling relieved that he was straight after all, and nodded.