19

In the next few weeks, Tharn and Type got back into the swing of their previous relationship after the big revelation. Or, rather, revelations. They were both doubtful of how their friendship might change after everything that happened, but the past few weeks proved to them that their bond was a lot stronger than the things they've gone through. They realised there was nothing that could break them apart again.

"So, have you dated guys before?" Type asked, swerving his character away from Tharn's to avoid his attack. "Yeah," Tharn said, swiping Type's character's legs to make him fall down. "Really? When?" Type said, trying to move his character away from the barrage of punches that Tharn had unleashed on him. "In high school," he said as he ducked his character to avoid Type's high kick. "But you said you were dating a girl who moved out of the country for college," Type said, swiping his character's legs. "Before her. I only dated her for a few months," he said as he jumped up to avoid all of Type's attempt at trying to make his character fall down. 

"Oh. Was it a classmate?" Type asked, punching Tharn's character after his failed attempt to make him fall down. "No. He was a barista at this café I happened to go to once," Tharn said, blocking the punches with his arms. "So a college student?" Type asked, trying to shield himself from the kicks that Tharn had unleashed on his character. "No. He had already graduated from college," Tharn said as he unleashed an ultimate move when Type had his guard down, winning the round easily. He turned to look at him and started chuckling at the sight of Type staring at him, wide eyed, with his mouth hanging open. "The fuck?" Type said, shocked at that information. 

Tharn cracked a small smile and shrugged. "You are really into older people, aren't you?" Type asked which made Tharn scoff and start chuckling again. "My track record does make it look like that's kind of true," Tharn said.

"But isn't that, like, illegal? You were a minor and he was so much older. Shouldn't he be in jail or something?" Type asked, genuinely bewildered. Tharn stared at him, a little shocked and started to laugh nervously. "Yeah, the pool of men who want to date men is a lot smaller. You date whom you can find," Tharn said, letting his newly initiated friend in on the secret world of dating men. "Really?" Type asked, taken aback. 

"Yeah. Real life is not like the BLs on TV. Not every second person you meet is going to be into dating men," Tharn said with a chuckle. "What's a BL?" Type asked, confused. Tharn stared at him for a second to see if he was joking, but when his face didn't change at all, he shook his head in disbelief. He couldn't believe he had to teach this boy everything from scratch. He was a little relieved at being around to guide him through it because he had to do all of that on his own and it had been quite the unpleasant ride. 

"It's like a romantic drama but the main characters are gay. How do you not know what BLs are? Thailand literally makes most of them," Tharn said. "Because I don't watch TV. Also, I have never seen any LGBT movie or drama before," Type said, looking at him with big innocent eyes. Tharn smiled at how adorable Type was as he decided to open his eyes to the world of gay entertainment. 

°°°

Over the next few weekends, Tharn showed him all the movies on the LGBTQ+ in his collection. 

"Why are all of these movies so sad?" Type asked as they finished watching Weekend. Tharn turned to look at Type and smiled. "Because of how many people from our community go through these situations in real life. The people writing them mostly write from experience. Everything is not sunshine and butterflies," Tharn said, realising it was a good idea to ease Type into what could happen in the future. It was really hard to be in a same sex relationship. He knew that first hand.

"Okay, but these are movies. They can change the ending to make it happy. I am just getting depressed about it before I even begin to delve into exploring that part of my sexuality," Type said truthfully. Tharn felt a little bad about it and decided to show him something that wasn't as sad.