4

"Type, this is Pina," Tharn said, introducing him to his girlfriend as they stood in front of his car at the dorm's parking lot. "Hey, Type! You were with Tharn the day I met him, right?" Pina asked. Type was taken aback because he had assumed she hadn't even seen him that day. "Yeah, you remember?" He asked, perking up at the idea that she had noticed him.

Pina started laughing and shook her head. "Sorry, I wouldn't like to start off our friendship with a lie. Tharn, here, mentioned it. I couldn't tear my eyes from him that day," she said, gently touching Tharn's arm, who looked down at her lovingly and smiled. 

Type smiled and shook his head, not because he didn't see it coming, but because he understood her completely. He had told Tharn that he was going to be invisible next to him that day and she had just proved his assumption right. 

"It's alright, I knew what I signed up for when I befriended him," Type said smiling at her. "The first time or the second time?" Tharn asked. Type turned his head to look at him and narrowed his eyes. "What do you think?" He said, gesturing at Tharn's face with his hand. 

Tharn laughed at how ludicrous Type was in his delusions. He could see right in front of him that Type was beyond good looking. And Type was also annoyingly much better at sliding him compliments a lot more naturally, unlike himself. He just didn't like the fact that it was in conjunction with self deprecation. He needed to put that whole 'start complimenting him' plan that he hadn't worked on any further back into action eventually. A small part of him figured it was possible he was biased in how he perceived him because he was Type after all. His first ever friend. 

"We're going to be here all day if we don't start now," Tharn said as he gathered them into the car, still thinking about his plan. Pina got into the passenger seat and Type took the back seat.

"So, Mary, my senior who runs the place, is single," Pina said as she turned around her seat to look at Type with a knowing smile on her face. Type broke into a grin, even though he was a little embarrassed that Tharn probably told her about why he was third-wheeling them. "Yeah, sorry for crashing your date."

Pina chuckled and turned to look at Tharn. "You're right. He is very cute. Mary will love him," she said. Type's head snapped in Tharn's direction. He wanted to know if he heard her right. Did Tharn really think he was cute? He felt heat rising up his ears. "I'm a guy. How am I cute?" Type asked, staring at Tharn. Tharn looked at his reflection in the rearview mirror and started chuckling at Type's face slowly turning more red than a ripened tomato. On top of that, he looked extremely annoyed, his lips pulled into a little pout unconsciously. "You're adorable!" Tharn confirmed in the most exaggerated cute voice he could manage, which made Type scowl at him. 

Tharn figured that at least he gave him a compliment even though it came across as mocking. Maybe not in the right vein, but baby steps. He had to work his way up to get himself used to complimenting him. 

"I'm sorry Pina, but I think I'm going to push your new boyfriend off the zip-lining platform today." Type stared him down angrily.

"That's the whole point of zip-lining. How is that a threat?" Tharn asked, looking at Type from the rear view mirror and Pina started laughing. Type felt silly for not thinking his threat through. "Okay, maybe I'll accidentally snap your harness before I push you off the platform," he said staring into Tharn's eyes in the rearview mirror. He saw the crinkles start to appear around Tharn's eyes as he started laughing. "That's conspiracy to murder and you've just confessed it to your victim and a witness. Maybe you should start thinking things through," Tharn said. "Or, you know, generally start thinking more," he added and started cackling at his own joke. 

Type, remembering what he had told him the day before about him not thinking too much about anything, felt like he was losing to Tharn again because he was too smart for his own good. Type suddenly recalled something. He smirked as he decided to take Tharn thinking of him as simple minded and ran with it.