18

Tharn and Type sat on the couch, smiling ear to ear at each other. They were both in disbelief that they were back to being friends again. Type felt guilty and happy in equal measure. Tharn just felt happy to see Type finally take the initiative to come to him first after all the times that he had tried to chase after him.

"I'm really sorry, Tharn," Type began and Tharn shook his head to disagree immediately. "No, you don't have to apologise to me. I was the one in the wrong. I should be the one to apologise," Type stared at him, incredibly confused as to why he was apologising to him, when Type had made him suffer for so long by ignoring his efforts to fix things between them. Tharn really had nothing to apologise for. 

"How is it your fault? I was the one who ignored you. I was the one who stopped talking to you. All you were trying to do was fix our relationship and I just kept pushing you away," Type said. 

Tharn couldn't believe that Type was trying to apologise when he had nothing to apologise for. "No. Your reaction was nothing but natural. What happened brought back horrific memories for you. I was the reason behind that. I obviously had to be the one to apologise. You did nothing wrong. Not now. Not when you were a kid," Tharn said, looking into Type's eyes with utmost sincerity. Type felt his stomach twisting in knots when he realised that Tharn had been blaming himself for what he had gone through because he had stopped communicating with him and it made him feel like a bad friend. That idea was further confirmed when he thought about how much Tharn had done for him, while he had just disappeared from his life, with no real explanation. He needed Tharn to know that he was not the one to blame. At all.

"No, Tharn. You had nothing to do with what happened to me. You can't put the blame on yourself. We were both drunk. Neither of us remembered what happened that night. I was an equal part of that decision. I might even be the one to blame for it happening," Type said grabbing onto Tharn's hand. Tharn opened his eyes wide in surprise at that revelation. "What? How do you know that? Did you remember what happened that night?" Tharn asked, not being to hold back the shock from his voice. He had been trying for months to remember what happened that night. If he had even a snippet, a small memory of that night, he would have something to work with, but it was all blank. 

At that question, small memories from that night started flashing in front of Type's eyes, of him moaning in pleasure. He quickly shook his head to stop thinking about it. Mentioning that was not going to be helpful in the situation. Also, he'd rather die than tell him about what he remembered. They were memories that were to be locked up and launched into space for the sake of their friendship. He needed to distract him with other concrete facts.

"Pina told me what happened that night in the club after which I had a fight with Nicolette," Type said. Tharn furrowed his brows in curiosity because Pina never mentioned anything about that night to him. "What happened that night?" He asked inquisitively. That was another night which was a complete blank in his memory.

"Apparently, I was hanging on to you the whole night. I refused to let go of you even after we left the club. I even tried to pull you into the cab with me when Nicolette and I were heading home. So, that's why, that night might have been my mistake to begin with," Type said, still embarrassed about his drunk behaviour that he had no memory of. He wished he remembered that night instead of the night they slept together because it was, now, far less embarrassing considering what he knew, and remembered.  

Tharn was stumped by the information about that part of that night because he had completely blacked out by that point. The last thing he remembered was just swaying with Type on the dancefloor. "Are you sure that's what happened? It was Pina who told you that after all. Can we trust what she says?" Tharn asked, a little unsure.