Chapter II: The Bar and the Man Behind it

By A2

Wraith's P.O.V.

My day was perfectly fine. Until my perfectly fine car got blown up. Yeah. That's pretty normal.

I had just finished training in a gym in order to get more "buff" in order to get to the Apex Games. Of course many people tried to flirt with me and I beat them up. You know, trying to work out with tons of boys surrounding you and trying to flirt is really not efficient. So, I did what I usually did. Beat them up. I sighed as I walked out of the gym, back into my comfortable combat suit. Now where'd I park my car?

You forgot? It's in isle b.

Oh right. Meet my head. Well actually, it's a voice from the void.

I can hear you

Yup. Fun. I sighed and walked into my car.

Watch the guy near the door. The one with the blue flannel.

I turned around to see a person in a blue flannel turning his head away from me. Suspicious? Yup. I sighed. Not like this didn't usually happen. I got into the car and started the engine. Looking into the backwards mirror, I spotted the same man quickly running away with what looked like a mixture of a frag grenade and an impulse grenade. I wonder...

Let's get out of here.

Yeah. I should really get out of here. I put the car in reverse and started driving outside.

"Hey you!" someone said. I turned my head to face the voice. I was face to face with the man again. The one with the blue flannel.

"What?" I said, very annoyed at the matter of fact he kept on returning.

"Go on a date with me or I'll kill you." he said. My answer to that, no. No way I was going on a date with him.

He'll kill you

Ugh. I didn't matter. So I just backed out of the shop really fast and got onto the highway. Was I a good driver? Yes. Did I like driving? No. I sighed as I viewed the scenery ahead, searching for any hazards. Road, watchtowers, and bushes. All the potential hiding places. I kept on driving.

Duck

I ducked. Nothing moved.

"There was nothing." I said out loud.

Hilltop

I sighed as I turned my head to look at the hilltop. Sometimes, I wish that the voices were gone. Atop the hill, there were a flock of birds. Yep. Nothing. See voice, there's nothing.

Look now

I looked just in time to the birds flutter away in fear. Something was scaring them. Maybe if I stopped the car and climbed onto the hill. Maybe then I would see what was...

GET OUT OF THE CAR!

I grabbed my Hemlock from the door water bottle holster with a gun holster. I broke through the roof of the car and jumped onto the side of the road. Performing a safety roll and ducking behind a bush. Boom. My innocent car exploded. A wave of heat passed me. Making it look like the bushes in front of me were moving. And now I'm here, behind the bush with my Hemlok. Rip. Well, it would be better to die fighting.

To the bar. You'll find reinforcements there

Well, most likely the voice was right. I made a run for the bar. Guns fired. I closed my eyes, ready to resist the pain that was most likely coming. Well. R.I.P. me.

Mirage's P.O.V.

It was another day at the bar. I had sent my clones to the boring work for me. I went to my favorite spot of the bar, the roof. Armed with a Longbow DMR, it was pretty powerful. Whatever. I loved the place. It was cool there and I had a great view. Suddenly, I heard a loud boom. It somehow knocked me back. Maybe it was an explosion or something. Hey. Since when did they have a giant red flower on the road? Oh. It's an explosion. I watched as a girl jumped out of the car, did a somersault midair and landed behind a bush. Wow. Cute and strong. Oh well, I'll just do her a favor. I picked up the Longbow and scoped out the area. Bush, bush, tree, aha! A person. With an RPG. Wow. How primitive. I took the shot. And that's one more to my kills!

Wraith P.O.V.

Was it over yet? Probably not. Yep. Definitely not over. I opened my eyes and pointed my gun at the hill where the person would be. No rockets? Good. I ran into the bar. Wow I thought as I entered the bar. It looked amazing. No. I'm not supposed to be amazed at anything. I sighed and walked in. Wait, was that Path?

"Path is that you?" I half said half yelled. Path turned around and smiled

"Hello Friend!" He said with a smile.

"Why are you here?" I asked him

"Elliot here has a lot of knowledge on the Apex Games. Dunno why." He replied

"Okay."
"..."

"..."

"I think you'll like him."

" Not like like. Only like."

Yes. Indeed. You like like him.

"Yeah." I sighed. Be quiet voice I thought. I sat down at the bar and ordered a cup of whisky. A few moments later, someone came over and gave the whisky to me.

"Thanks." I said.

"Okay. My love." the man smirked. Now I would not let that happen. No one was flirting with me. I lunged at him from the chair and pushed him onto the floor.

"I am no one's love." I replied grumpily.

Yup totally.

What did I say? The man laughed. How dare he!

"You're cute." He replied with a smile, "The name's Mirage, or Elliot, and your's?" I sighed. Maybe I could be a little kind.

Someones in love

"Stop it" I thought.

"Wraith." I replied.

"Here let me help you up." He said as he pulled me up. I tripped on my foot and we fell back onto the floor. This time, I was on top of him

*Gasp* I thought you were going to kiss.

I ignored the voice.

"Sorry." I said quickly, as I pulled him up.

"It's okay." He said with a smile. I felt my face heat up. Suddenly, there was a crack.

"Money out!" someone screamed. I got up and looked at the door. To my surprise, there was a person with a gun. I didn't recognize it.

Kill him

No

Or he'll kill your boyfriend

He's not my boyfriend

Don't care kill him.

"I'll blow up the bar!" He said. Suddenly, Mirage jumped from the back of the bar. In a few moments, he was surrounded with Mirages armed to the teeth with Mastiffs.

"This is my bar." He said angrily, " and you're not going to harm it."

"Please spare me!" he said, throwing away his gun. What a wimp. If that were me, I would have gotten my gun and shot him. Well, if I was him though. Mirage sighed. Was he going to kill him? I looked from him to the person on the floor like it was a very intense staring contest. Seeing which one would blink first. He slung him over the shoulder and went outside. Bonk. A trash can lid was closed. Oh. He put him in the trash can.

Funny

You don't get to say that. He came back in a few moments and looked at the bar. He sighed and muttered something under his breath.The fake Mirages disappeared. I think there were 8? I dunno.

"It's fine if they take my bar." he said sadly, "but it won't be fine if they take you." He smiled and kissed my cheek lightly.

Oooooooh

Stop it. I felt my face heating up again. I sighed.

"Thanks." I said, "Maybe I did underestimate you." I said with a smile. I sighed and laid my head on his shoulder. Falling into sleep. Well. Pretty romantic for an assassin.