Chapter XII: Thanksgiving Special: With Crypto

It was Thanksgiving. Finally. I loved thanksgiving for 2 reasons. Number 1, this is the only time where I can talk about how I love to be with the legends, every day is fun, and all that mushy stuff WITHOUT GETTING LAUGHED AT MIRAGE. I sighed. I was in my room.

"Oh Crypto. You said you like being a legend? This must be a dream." I mocked the high pitch.

"Hah! Good impression. The allfather approves of your decision!" said Bloodhound. Darn. My door was open.

"As much as I appreciate your liking of my mocking, please go away." I said. Bloodhound went away. How obedient. Like a dog. I sighed. I walked out of the room into the fresh air. Time to make some pie. Of course, no one knew about my cooking skills. Everyone thought that Mirage was the cook because he made the best steak. Of course I couldn't disagree but I knew how to cook. I wasn't thinking about getting married or stuff because I bet that my wife would rather turn me in for some state as a bounty instead of actually loving me. Adoption could be an option. Is sighed. I was thinking too much about the future. I sighed as I made my way over to the kitchen. I gathered the ingredients I needed ( not accurate please don't use this recipe ). I had a store bought crust, sugar, eggs, milk, and pumpkin. I whisked the ingredients together and poured it into the store bought crust. I then proceeded to move the pie into the oven. I set it at 4 hours ( again, don't follow this recipe. It is fake ), set a reminder on my watch, and went away. I walked over to the underbelly ( don't know what it's called ) of the plane and looked out through the windows at the back of the dropship. It was a mobile base for now. Well, it was always mobile but I found out that we were going to go somewhere. Exciting. Why'd they had to put it right smack dab on Thanksgiving though. I sighed. Maybe we'd get to eat food when we got to the place. I've never seen the ship move. I sighed. I took a bagel from a nearby snack bowl and lowered my chair. I was caged in glass and lowered beneath the ship. In my time here at the dropship, I had figured out that it was really comfy. Mostly because Mirage has a big mouth and talks about it all the time. What an idiot. I sighed as I looked at the scene below us. We were currently north of Kings Canyon. I looked at the map. Wherever we were going next, I would miss it here at Kings Canyon. I sighed.

*Beep* My watch signaled that the cake was done. When I got to the kitchen, Pathfinder was there, with my pie.

"What are you doing with my pie?" I asked.

"You were going to overcook it. 4 hours is too much." He said.

"Well the directions said 4 hours." I replied.

"The directions were wrong. I googled it in my head." he said calmly. He got up and sighed.

"Lemme go get the emulsion." He said, going over the refrigerator. I had to admit. The pie did look good.

"When are we going to eat it?" I asked.

"When we get to olympus. I googled it! Go me!" he said. Olympus. That was the place that the people were talking about.

"How long is that." I said.

"Google time! 8 hours." he said. But by then, the pie would be cold.

"By then..." I started. I hadn't finished saying my sentence when he cut in.

"I know. I'm going to put it in a warmer." He said. I sighed. He was correct. There was no sound among us as we put the pie in the warmer and the ice cream into the freezer.

"Do you want to help me make the other food?" Pathfinder asked.

"Okay. I don't know how though." I said sadly.

"I could google it. Go m..." Pathfinder didn't finish his dumb quote before I smacked him.

"I know. Let's do it already." I said. It was probably the first time in a billion years that I had felt happy or excited.

After 4 hours, we finished making 2 turkeys, a giant bowl of mashed potato, a lot of gravy, a lot of cranberry sauce, a giant bowl of stuffing, some vegetables, and obviously, the pie.

"We are exiting the speed matrix." He said.

"The what?" I asked. He held onto the chair. I held on to. Our friends ( the food ) held onto the table. A joke. They bowls and plates don't actually have hands. Suddenly, there was a loud noise and a sudden jerk. I felt a bit woozy.

"Welcome to Olympus!" A voice said. All of a sudden, the walls and intersection seemed to roll down, replaced with glass. Olympus was right of us. It was beautiful. It looked so... techy. I sighed.

"Prepare to land. You will be deployed into landing crafts." the voice said. I sighed. Me and pathfinder took the food into the landing craft and tied it onto it. In a few moments, we were on the ground. It happened to be so that we were the first people. I smiled as we set down the table and food. We tugged a bunch of chairs from the landing craft. In a few moments, a bunch of other landing crafts landed next to ours and Mirage, Wraith, Loba, and Revenant came from the hills.

"Come get your food!" I yelled into a megaphone. There was a lot of hustling until everyone was here. This was going to be a great thanksgiving. Well, unless Mirage ruins it for me.

Legit Pumpkin Pie Recipe from our favorite cooking show: Tasty.

Preparation

1 Make the pie dough: In a large bowl, whisk together flour, cinnamon, and salt. Using a pastry blender or two knives, cut shortening into the flour until the shortening breaks down into pea-sized pieces.

2 Add the ice water, 1 tablespoon at a time, and stir gentle until the dough starts to come together.

3 Dump the dough onto a work surface lined with 2 large pieces of plastic wrap. Shape dough into a disc and wrap tightly with the plastic wrap. Chill the dough in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes.

4 Preheat the oven to 425˚F (220˚C)

5 Make the filling: In a small bowl, mix together the sugar, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, and salt.In a large bowl, whisk the eggs. Add the pumpkin and sugar-spice mix and whisk to combine.

6 Slowly whisk in the evaporated milk until incorporated.

7 Once the dough has chilled, lightly flour a clean surface. Roll out the dough to a ¼-inch (6 mm)-thick round. Keep the surface and rolling pin floured as needed so the dough doesn't stick.

8 Transfer the dough to a 9½-inch pie pan (24 cm). Tuck the edges under and crimp. Note: The key to flaky pie crust is to handle it as little and as gently as possible. Handle it only as much as is absolutely necessary to mix, shape, and roll out.

9 Pour the filling into the pie shell.

10 Bake the pie for 15 minutes, then reduce the oven temperature to 350˚F (180˚C) and bake for another 40 minutes, or until the center jiggles slightly.

11 Cool the pie on a wire rack for 2 hours.

12 Slice and serve with whipped cream or ice cream.

13 Enjoy!

https://tasty.co/recipe/old-fashioned-pumpkin-pie