Chapter VI: Hacker 101

A2

Hi my name is Crypto. I have a meh life. It's worse than yours. Don't think so? I am currently hiding in a torn down shed hiding from a bounty hunter. Have you ever experienced this? No. I had grown up in a great family and had a great life. Until my sister was "kidnapped" and my house was raided. It wasn't so cheery. I remember feeling both scared and also mad when I had fled my house. I remember running through the streets, not daring to look back, knowing that there would be guards chasing me. After I had escaped, I went into hiding. Through dangerous recon trips, I found out that they had put a high bounty on my head for murder. I wasn't surprised. At sometime, I knew that I was going to be hunted down by people. I had to deal with them. I remember having the great idea that I could build something that could do my recon missions for me. That's when I made my drone. Like my other gadgets I had developed, it could only be helpful for a short time. As expected, it was caught on camera and put with a picture of my head on all the bounty papers. Thankfully, my drone hadn't been destroyed. I had decided that it was best to arm it with some types of weaponry. Over the past month, I had collected and built guns and gadgets from the material that I had stolen. So far, I have created two small pistol's and a ton of small EMP canisters. A few hours ago ( before the bounty hunter came to hunt down Crypto ) I had been in the course of arming the drone. It was almost done. I just had to incorporate the pistols and make the flaps to hide them. I ducked as another explosion ratled the shed. I was holding the half completed drone in my hand. Let's see, I had my drone, the pistols, some of the EMP canisters and a rock. I sighed. Time to test out my drone. I held the drone in my hand, got up, and threw it as hard as I could at the bounty hunter. Immediately, the controller lit up and displayed the types of controls. The bounty hunter started shooting at me. I immediately hit the EMP button. I watched from a window as part of the drone's back pushed out and a small EMP canister fell out. Immediately, I made the drone fly away. Boom. Through the drone's camera, I watched as the person stared at the drone in shock. He immediately tried to shoot at the drone. Nothing happened. I was happy. It had worked. I grabbed the rock and threw it at the person's head. He fell down clutching his head. I'm sure he would live. That was not good. I put the drone on autopilot and ran out of the building. The person was still knocked out. I grabbed the top of my drone. The person got up. He had a knife. Darn. I had never expected him to bring a melee. He and I faced each other. He held the knife. I glared at him. Suddenly, he screamed. How pathetic. With a quick slash with my drone, he fell down. The screaming stopped. Suddenly, a group of men ran in with pistols. Maybe he called them by screaming. Never thought of that. I jumped away from the people and rolled into the bushes. They started running towards me. Okay Crypto. Improvise. I looked around nothing. There was something near me. It looked like a tube. I grabbed it.

L17 Smoke Grenade

Non-toxic

CAUTION, USE WITH CARE.

ITEM INCLUDES NATHIUM KAMIKAZE ( not a real thing [ don't ask for details ] )

THIS CHEMICAL MAY CAUSE THE GRENADE TO BA...

The rest was all scribbled off. Probably didn't matter. I pulled the ring and threw it harshly at the ground near the people. It backfired. I should've known. It came back at me, exploding in my face. I swallowed a brutal scream as it started spewing the gas. There was a sharp pain in my face. I didn't care. I grabbed the pistols and my drone, running into the trees. I heard the people yelling, searching for me. I hid in the woods. I would be safe for a little bit of time here. I touched my face. Sharp pain went through my body. I flinched. I looked down at my fingers. There was blood. Good. I would look more menacing. I grumbled as I ran towards the edge of the forest, looking at the city. I hope that I will survive. I sighed. Back to adding the pistols. I looked around for a flat area and set my drone down. I turned it so that it's camera faced up. The best place to put the pistols would be below the camera. Logically. Since you could see where you're aiming. After I had installed the weapons, I changed the camera so that it would always display a crosshair on the camera. Now, onto the loading mechanism. I reached into my pocket and retrieved some 22mm ( length ) bullets from my pocket. Through an incorporated hole, I loaded in the bullets. I counted as I inserted the bullets. 1, 2, 3..., 18, 19, 20. 20 bullets. I would have to remember that when reloading the drone. I pressed a green button on the remote and the left chute closed. I repeated the same thing for the other side. I was done. There was something I was going to change. I had to move the display to my goggles. This would be rather easy. I took off the projector in my mask and set it onto the floor. I took out the microchip from the remote and put it into the projector. While it was downloading the information, I embedded the remote onto my watch. Thankfully, the remote already had a clock in it. I heard a quiet ding. It was ready. I put the display into my goggles. I was ready to fight. I needed one more thing. A backpack. This was going to be easy. I had conveniently stolen an assault backpack from a group of SWAT soldiers last week. It was at my temporary base. It was not so far from here. I got up and walked towards the location of my base. In a few minutes, I was at the torn down shed. A different one. I opened a secret hatch under a destroyed desk and slipped in. I walked down the spiral staircase, into my base. I had some stuff here. A light, a few weapons, and the backpack. I smiled. I took the backpack and brought it out. I walked outside and took out a spray bottle. It had to go with my natural white. Yes, not so recon but I had gotten tech to make it disguised. I threw the can away and went back into my base. I cut and combined the fabric and placed a metal box with my drone charger inside of a long, open, box. I slid the drone in. I was ready for combat. I took a few pistols, magazines, extra ammo, and a few smoke grenades, and the light with me as I went out of the base. I stretched as I went back to the ground level. Time to switch bases yet again. This was going to be convenient. I sighed. I walked in silence as I approached the edge of the woods. A tall bush blocked any residents from seeing me. I sighed again. Hopefully I will meet some new friends. Perhaps even my sister Wattson. I hear that she's become quite a thing during the past year. Something about electronics and the Apex Games. Strange. I never thought that the Apex Games would be a career. Maybe she was going there as a distraction or perhaps for training. Smart. I never thought of that. Maybe I could join. However through the past years, I had figured out that you don't want too much attention. No bounty would want a giant sign in a big city conveying a "BOUNTY JOINED THE APEX LEGENDS! LET"S GO GET HIM!" message or something like that. But maybe I could make friends there. I heard that there are a lot of killers. Fun. Oh well. Big life decisions have to be made at some time. I sighed. I would join the Apex Games and use it as cover. So it was decided. I took a deep breath as I walked to the shed I had been at when the people had attacked. Hopefully this was a good decision. After all, my life ultimately depended on it.