Chapter III: The Immortal Speedster

A1

Lifeline

I opened my computer to watch Octane, the speed demon.

How dreamy.

I remembered he was probably going to win this and give him a great Rank. I was proud to be his medic. I was also head over heels in love. I sighed.

He'll never like me.

Octane was in the Gauntlet racing. I admired Octane's legs as he ran off, shooting ahead of the people. Running lap after lap. I smiled. He was going to win for sure.

*Crack*

Octane flipped in a circle and landed on the floor, it looked like he had broken. A bone. My medic instincts kicked in instantly running to my car and grabbing my D.O.C. drone. By the time I got to my car, I noticed what I was doing.

Medic training: Check

I revved the engine and drove. I was too anxious. I opened my on-car TV, as I marveled as he sped up and kept on running. My heart sank. They were all 2 laps in front of him. I sighed, but went to the hospital slowly. He was going to lose. I drove along, getting ready to help some people since I was already on my way. Suddenly the announcer screamed: "WHAT IS THAT?" and I look at the computer. Octane had pulled out a grenade.

"NO!"

I slam my car into autopilot and put on my sirens, as I speed towards the hospital. I watch as he throws the grenade, launching him, and lands on the finish line, with his legs bleeding. I took control of my car and raced to the hospital, andI jumped out. I ran up and asked where Octane was.

Stupid me

I ran into the ER and saw him on a bed already.

"He won't make it." The surgeons said, as Octane's blood goes down.

Seriously? Just stop the bleeding and attach new legs!

"************!" I screamed.

That was not me.

The doctors are shocked. I start the surgery immediately. The doctors were just watching me.

"WELL!" I said.

"HELP!" I said.

"Right," they said as they helped me attach the tubes and pump in blood.

"The Angel's here!" Octane sings. I blushed and said:

"Shut up." We continued the surgery, and after 1 hour, he had robotic legs. I sighed in relief.

Octane sits up. He accidentally kicked me in the belly.

"Sorry!" Octane said, jumping off the bed and grabbing me.

I blushed again.

I could feel his heartbeat.

"Uh, thanks," I said, blushing again.

He blushes too. Che blushes and starts working on him.

1 hour later

Octane's P.O.V.

"Thanks Che," I said as I wobbled my legs around.

Ajay smiled, and I loved that.

So Beautiful.

"Octavio, promise me you won't do that again."

"Umm.. ok..."